• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

suspension lift for m35 2 1/2

fletcher

hi every one, my name is cody. i am a new member (finally). i love the site. u guys seem to be very helpful on anything to do with these trucks. so lets see if u all can help me on this one. i am want in to do a suspension lift on the duece that i currently have. i am running 395/85 tires and when i go out and play off road and start tweaking the suspension, well they rub. front and rear. i am wanting about 3 to 4 inches of extra clearance. so if any one has ever done this let me know. or if u have any ideas i would like to hear them. o ya another thing. with the current tires i am running. they are singles in the rear. does any one know if i can fit duels of this size. i would like to do it for the reason that i get a lot of wheel hop in the sand, and the duels woul probably help. i know a quick sollution to most my problem would be to go to smaller tires. but. damn it looks mean the way it is. anyway. any help would be appreciated. thanks...

fletcher

well my truck isnt bobbed. its still full size 6x6. i dont see y a lift kit would not be safe.? another thing. how about my tire question? any ideas?

rivired

I think there referring to the duals of that size not being safe.rubbing issues most likely....And the problem with lifting in 6x6 config is..I wouldn't even know where to start ,trying to LIFT the rear tandem setup.. im interested to know how others think it could be done..

On the other hand as far as i know ..nobody makes a "LIFT KIT" for a m35 its all hand done jobs.

yeager1

Any spring shop should be able to rearch the fronts and add some leaves to the rear to give you a few inches, but not 8. And if done properly it is safe.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think the best route would be the double frame for a lift. I don't think duals would be a good idea. You would a rim designed for that which you just will not find. Maybe you should try installing some rims from one of those "gators". They run big, wide, flotation tires. Where is that video again?

tm america

lift kits are safe as long as you do it right .get front springs made and have rear springs made .you could have a couple leafs added to the rear wjile you're at it.or you could remake the rear spring brakets with a higher spring pad.blocks are always a bad idea and are illegal on the front

Alredneck

Banned
I would second Gimps double frame idea as being one of the simpler overal ways of getting the required lift versus exspense.

tm america

i'm not much into the double frame idea theres to much force on the front for it to be safe on and off road . i mean isnt the reason we make em bigger and badder .because we want to have the meanest ride out there .i dont get excited when i see a jeep with a body lift and 33s but when i see a jeep with a custom four link with coil overs .that does something to me .dont be affraid to be different and go the extra mile to do it right . you wont be let down with it when its done . :-D

rivired

Ya but when i see a big Super duty diesel pavent pounter lifted to the sky with these leaf packs shaped like big C's ..i go wow that isnt gonna go anywhere off road due to absolutely no flex...and thats what hes gonna get with a custom built high arch leaf pack...

IM curious about why a double'd up frame would not be strong enough for anything if done properly..The side load is the only thing i could POSSILBY think of..and bracing it correctly would solve that issue.

Thats how all the hugh deuces on this site are doing it pretty much...One truck has custom leafs in the front..and thats all ive seen.

tm america

it could be done but youwould have to brace it real good its been done i just dont like it. i would think custom spring hangers and reached springs would look better and if you want to go with 53s in the back you'll have to remake the links anway and going with a longer spring will give you better flex. so you still have to redo the rear even if you doulbe the frame so why not just have new springs made to do it right.reached springs wouldnt limit your flex in the rear since the springs slide on the axle .and if you run a higher ached spring in the front if you run a longer shackle it will allow the spring to flatten out as needed just have to make sure you have the right spring rate.i wouldnt run more than a four inch lift spring and you could get another four inches out of remaking the hangers.which cound be improved on anyway since ive seen several truchs with broken front hangers

Biggles

what about having parabolic springs made? I'm sure Old Man Emu or Chris Perfect could make parabolic springs in any length load rating and arch that you wanted and then you would have more flex than a stock deuce and way more than one with a few extra leaves thrown in there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks