• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a Converto?

Mike_Pop

Is this a Converto trailer? There aren't any tags except a Pennsylvania ID tag.

It's for sale so make a reasonable offer. The hydraulic dump works perfectly. Tires are shot, rims are not matched, tail gate works. Measures 54" wide x 72" long. Bed has some big rust holes. I have a title for it. Located in Wall, NJ.

If no offers, then I will part it out and keep the dump mechanism.

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Civil Version, Military didn't have hydraulics or springs and also had a different gate and rear skids.

Mike_Pop

Post your question over on g503.com in the trailer forum and I am sure you'll get your answer....

I wish I could post on the G. For some reason, I can never log on and forget about getting any help from the admin's. It took forever for them to reset passwords for me to get it to work and it still didn't work.

Mike,
You come up with some of the most "oddball" stuff I have ever seen.
This doesn't look like any Converto that I have ever seen .. not that I am an expert or something ... I just signed up for access on G503 ..
If you'd like, as soon as it is activated I will copy your post over there and get back here with the answer.

I cross posted http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=809107#809107

Regards
Rick

Last edited:

Mike_Pop

Hey Mike
What does the data tag on the framerail say?

The tag just has a Pennsylvania ID number for registration. No manufacturer label or anything like that. It's titled as a home made but this was professionally built.

I had a WWII Jeep friend come and look at it and he said the bed is definitely a Converto bed and it could have been a civilian version, post war, upgraded model with the hydraulics.

Mike,

One of the group on G503 had this to say:

gerrykan Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 pm

"I believe Converto made a kit that could be installed on a pickup truck very similar to this one.
I saw one on a 1950 Dodge civilian pickup, but don't know when it was installed.
The similarities in the bed design would lead me to think that Converto probably built at least the dump-bed and mechanism. I have no clue about the trailer it is mounted on."

Joe ludwig

Converto trailer

It's for sale so make a reasonable offer. The hydraulic dump works perfectly. Tires are shot, rims are not matched, tail gate works. Measures 54" wide x 72" long. Bed has some big rust holes. I have a title for it. Located in Wall, NJ.

I Have a converto HA dumper has complete hydraulics but the running gear was not factory the complete dumper unit from bed hydraulics not one rust hole and a couple very small dings in it that a hammer would flatten back smooth the hydraulic is built by Black Hawk in Wisconsin anyone know the value of one my serial number is 30283 and those tags are on the right front top of the dump box from factory being a brass stamped tag. Any one need pictures of my trailer let me know.

Ron Plyler

Hello I know this is an old post

I saw photos
I need to know size of cylinder. Could not read name plate

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks