• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL has extended a day on several auctions for?

2deuce

Some guys that normally bid at the last second may have noticed that everything was extended. That could account for some of the late bidding. No doubt GL and Uncle Sam came out better by extending. They got no extra bids from me. I had 3 trailers at the 1st closing yesterday and 1 today. I don't bid at the last second anymore so I don't fight over stuff in that 15 min closing period. It becomes impulse buying and you easily can bid too much when your pissed.:evil:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is down again. When you try to log on it goes to a page with "Server Error." Looks like they'll be extending the auctions again to try and make a little extra. If that's the case, I'm done with them for good. Once could be an actual error, but twice on sale close day? Don't think so.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is down again. When you try to log on it goes to a page with "Server Error." Looks like they'll be extending the auctions again to try and make a little extra. If that's the case, I'm done with them for good. Once could be an actual error, but twice on sale close day? Don't think so.

I just logged on with no problems. I went to my auctions page also with no problem. I've been on several times today.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just logged on with no problems. I went to my auctions page also with no problem. I've been on several times today.
It was up for about 10 minutes and then locked again. I've got 1 web page open to keep an eye on my sales, when the page tries to refresh it locks and then won't go back. I'm sure they're working on it but that doesn't mean it's going to stay working.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was up for about 10 minutes and then locked again. I've got 1 web page open to keep an eye on my sales, when the page tries to refresh it locks and then won't go back. I'm sure they're working on it but that doesn't mean it's going to stay working.

Yep, you're right! What a difference 10 minutes makes. I've been on several times today but, not now!

Edit at 13:35, I'm back on GL again!

Last edited:

zoltarp

I know this is an old thread but they just did the same thing again today. I put in a last min bid and pow! Extended another 24 hours! This is just wrong, but of course they have themselves covered (see end of message). Oh sorry to just kick in the door like that, this is my first post, I have been lurking for a few weeks. I first found you guys when I was bidding on a M934A1 (gonna get one of those someday!), but I did end up with a good deal on a MEP-002A. So I hope to get a MEP-003A to be able to power my house. Great site, I have already learned a whole lot from all of you. Thanks

Bruce

"POSTED TIMES: For internet auctions, posted closing times and displays of current time on our website are approximate. In addition, we reserve the right to close early or extend Internet auctions at our discretion. Lots may be scheduled to close individually, in groups or entirely. Lot closing times will be advertised prior to the opening of the Internet auction. At the scheduled closing time, the lots with active bidding will remain open for 15 minute increments until all bidding has ceased. You may participate during this time by entering from "My Auctions.""

Last edited by a moderator:

bigboy44

I was bidding on a lot at Fort Polk but had trouble all day getting on the site. I tried at least 20 times and it took forever for the site to upload, I gave up about 3:35.

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Pretty sure they were having server problems all day, could not get the site to load till after lunch and then it was super slow. Didn't matter as everything I was after was going way too high.

3dAngus

It happened last week too. Not only did I get two emails saying an auction lot I was bidding on would be extended, but a GL rep actually called me and told me the auction was extended due to computer issues.

I thought it was a pretty decent thing to do, and costly to do as well. I think they really try to do the right thing, but it is not always possible to be perfect with today's technology and other issues that rear their ugly head.

bonedoc

What website are you guys talking about? I'm starting my look for a deuce and I'm interested and checking out any auction sites.

Thanks

3dAngus

What website are you guys talking about? I'm starting my look for a deuce and I'm interested and checking out any auction sites.

Thanks
We cannot list specific active auctions, however, for general purpose work I can say,
Most of the deuces are sold on these two government approved websites;
Govliquidation.com

or

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/
Finding a specific deuce or auction listing is up to you, but please do not post active auction listings on this site. Thanks, and good luck.

bonedoc

We cannot list specific active auctions, however, for general purpose work I can say,
Most of the deuces are sold on these two government approved websites;
Govliquidation.com

or

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/gsaauctions/
Finding a specific deuce or auction listing is up to you, but please do not post active auction listings on this site. Thanks, and good luck.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any options.

bonedoc

I think you missed the duece train by a few years. The new hot item is the M939 series 5 tons.

I'm sure I did but there still seems to be plenty of them out there. The 5 tons are nice as well, was considering going that route instead, but since I'm new to this I figured I'd start with the deuce.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but deuce prices today are three to four times what they were four years ago (IE, $700 for a running deuce cargo truck). My last GL deuce was a shop van for $1270. Check today's prices.

zoltarp

Well that tractor I was bidding on and "won" ended up going $300 more yesterday :/ Good news though I pick up my MEP002a on Thursday. Anyone have any helpful info for a 1st timer going to pick something up from Portsmouth VA?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well they did it again, was bidding with 20 mins to go when I noticed the end of auction change to 1 day 20 min. Went back and checked my watch list and not only Wednesday had shifted but auction ending Thursday are now Friday. Usually when this has happened it is mid-day not in the last 1/2 hour!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks