• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL price fixing?

tsstout

Actually the post was about shill bidding and if you'd like to talk about that I've spent much time on that subject myself....

As far as who makes the hmmvv.... I was talking hummer... and I THOUGHT you were referencing that rumor about GM not allowing it to be sold and undermine their piece of the market with their hummer.... SORRY... most people take that track, and I was getting harrassed while I was posting... Besides, you didn't present any facts or justifications... Just a statement.. Not all that convincing for an expert....

edpdx

Not everything is a conspiracy.
OK, not everything is a conspiracy... we are talking about the government here, and even though it is MY government I am not blind to the corruption that all governments have. Follow the money trail, it points in the direction of the person who benefits the most.If it not something that any taxpayer can be a part of, it's wrong IMHO. These vehicles are different how from the others we bid on?

I doubt they cost anymore new than some of the larger vehicles some of us own. Don't call it a conspiracy, or a sweetheart deal. If it walks like a duck... you should be able to bid on it... you paid for it.:soapbox:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually the post was about shill bidding and if you'd like to talk about that I've spent much time on that subject myself....

As far as who makes the hmmvv.... I was talking hummer... and I THOUGHT you were referencing that rumor about GM not allowing it to be sold and undermine their piece of the market with their hummer.... SORRY... most people take that track, and I was getting harrassed while I was posting... Besides, you didn't present any facts or justifications... Just a statement.. Not all that convincing for an expert....

Huh???

Am General never ever built H2 or H3 vehicles. No one other than GM has ever built Surburbans. Hummer was a brand name created by AM General to market H1 vehicles to the public. The Brand sold to GM. It is now dead. Gm never had production of any H1 or HMMWV vehicle.

as far as Am general not wanting them not sold check out their web page the sixth bullet point down FAQ's | Corporate Information | AM General LLC - Mobility solutions for the 21st Century this is a well covered topic. that is why I did not get into it.

I agree shill bidding does occur but the whole idea that GL endorses and even particicpates in it is absurd to say the least.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea if they are shill bidding or not. I have had several items that ended at my exact max bid. It could have very well been coincidence. I don't think they would actively shill bid but it would be very easy for them to see what somebody's max proxy bid was and make sure they pay it. This would be very hard to prove also.

I've been involved in live farm equipment and estate auctions my whole life. I can tell you for a fact that shill bidding runs rampant in these type auctions. Almost everybody knows it but it's very hard to prove. Alot of times at a consignment auction you're bidding against the guy that owns the item.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been involved in live farm equipment and estate auctions my whole life. I can tell you for a fact that shill bidding runs rampant in these type auctions. Almost everybody knows it but it's very hard to prove. Alot of times at a consignment auction you're bidding against the guy that owns the item.[/QUOTE]

I also been to live auctions where employees of the auction service bid on lots
I rarely go back to auctions those companies have after seeing it.

SmokeyDod

To: SETOYOTTA--------- For me, I agree with you. For a company that is responsible for selling many millions of dollars of US Goverment material and goods every year, the thought of them to work in some kind of scheem to add a few dollars here and there, don't even make sense at all. I'm not saying that there has never been any problem, but it just doesn't make any sense. Sometime I'm sure a bidder will default and the item will reappear. I know sometimes the GL employee gets a little lazy and will take a picture of a engine in a container a not want to open 20 more so he justs shows the one. Sometimes they will NOTE that "This picture is a representive engine". As far as vehicles, they have sometimes have gotton the pictures they take crossed-up with the listing. I have been buying thru GL for 6+ years and have noticed that prices have steadly risen & I feel that is due to the massive influx of new customers due to GL advertising & sites like this. When I first started, I would not tell anyone the website because I wanted to buy and resell w/profit. If you tell 1 person, a month later, 500 people have been told. Anytime you buy something here you are useally getting a great deal and IN THE END RESULT--WE THE TAX PAYERS ARE GETTING SOME OF OUR TAX MONEY BACK VIA OUR ARMED FORCES THAT ARE PROTECTING OUR BUTTS. If I felt there was a genuine conspiracy to defraud the customers of GL, I would not buy nothing ever again from them. As for the Humvees, my understanding is that our boys on the front lines don't want to see a bunch of "Taliban" driving a humvee w/armor coming at them and shooting w/a 50 cal. MY OPINION ONLY!

bratpackdad

Sounds alot like the shill bidding that happens on the deuces for sale on egay.
Driving the prices up to unrealistic prices. For example $9,000 for a rattle can
painted deuce.

emr

:???: I am amazed that so many people must have a conspiracy answer, there very well may be a guy here and there that is stupid enough to do something to get a buddy a truck, but like so well said a few times, there is no wide effort to raise the profits by cheating, I do not trust government in allot of ways, and i do not think any one should, but come on, lets get real,I do know people that always believe in this stuff will never change, but I really do not think it benefits this site, my opinion ..... yeesh. :)

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought 25-30 lots from GL in the past year. I had one EUC returned, my first, my mistake, GL customer service was very helpful, no problem since. When I first started to bid,I bid too high, part of the learning curve. I think a lot of new bidders are doing the same thing I did. I have bought a couple of nice trucks recently for under $1200.00. If i thought there was any shill bidding going on I would not think of bidding on the GL site. Every thing that goes wrong is not due to a conspiracy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks