• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjr

Bought an 85 1009 from private party in N.J. Put Title in my name, got reg, plates. Called my insurance co. [ 21st Century] they say their computer wont let them enter it in system! They said VIN checks out ok. the guy I bought it from had tags and ins. Any suggestions, I'm in NJ,

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Change insurance companies.

There are lot's of companies that will insure a 1009. The VIN should already be in the national database if it was already insured once.

When I insured my 1009 for the first time with USAA, they asked for a photo and sent that to the underwriter and then added the VIN to the database.

What CARNAC said. If the insurance company can't/won't accommodate you, take your business elsewhere. Explain to your current company why you're leaving. Explain the situation to another insurer, and see if they'll offer the same rates as the other guys. I have my M1009 insured through Progressive, and the only hiccup I ever had was due to the airheads at the MVD putting in the wrong VIN.

hobie237

Funny, Progressive wouldn't allow my M1008 due to the military/government VIN. No biggie, shopped around and found out that the vast majority of companies had no problem with it. There were a couple that didn't want to/couldn't insure it, but after getting a handful of quotes I went with another company. It was slightly more complicated for me, since I also changed the insurance on all my other vehicles.

Rustmaster

I have State Farm and i remember the first time it didn't want to come up in there system. All they had to do was enter it as a Chebby K35 and i had no problems.

realm

I have Farm Bureau... they asked for VIN, couldn't find it in the system. I told them it was the same thing as an '85 Chevy Blazer, they said OK and put it in that way. Cost me $74 every 6 months as my 2nd vehicle.

Jersey 93 Ty

When I got insurance on both my M1009's, I just called Liberty Mutual and explained to them that I'd bought two ex-Army trucks. I gave them the VIN and warned them that I'd heard that gov't VINs don't also show up in the database. When the computer told the agent that it wasn't a good VIN, she was able to manually enter the truck as an '84 Chevy K5 Blazer. We repeated the process for the '85, except this time she wasn't surprised that I was right.

You have options for insurance in NJ... they are all overpriced, but that's just the way it is in this state. Shop around, someone will want your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks