• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not Enough Volvo Posts! my 912

roadkill150

Seeing that there aren't a lot of Volvo truck posts, I am going to add a few.

This is my ex military 1959 Volvo 912. I believe the production run on these trucks is under 900. Powered by a gas straight 6 .. 4.5 liter or so. 6x6, with vacuum lockers.. though i need to take better shots. The truck was used by a Volvo dismantler the last few years, so i need to decide what to do with the steel flatbed that's on it.

If anyone has a line on some cheap 11.00R16 tires please tell me where!

Attachments

Last edited:

roadkill150

My dream car has always been the "pig" Volvo Command Car. You just don't see a lot of military Volvo's here in the states. Nice truck
Funny you should say that.. The Sugga is what i had been looking for when i came across the 912.. They share the same front end from the cab forward. Different engine and drive train of course!

wheelspin

i just ran across this older post, and have sad news. this sugga was sent to scrap by a local garage after its owner left it too long. it had a v-8 Volvo, 4speed, and some wicked looking axles under it. i later ran into him and got this picture of when he first got it from some movie lot and brought it here to florida.
it did not look this good when i came upon it. i heard there was only like 1500 ever made and mostly for the Swiss army.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks