• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Tatra 813 joins the ranks

John C

Hi All.

I've just bought this Tatra 813 here in the U.K. ;

DSCF1002E.jpg

DSCF0994E.jpg

I went to see it a few days ago and fell in love with it straight away, after five minutes quickly looking around it I told the seller I was having it!! The deal was done so now just waiting for available transport to bring it the 200 or so miles back home - but I just can't wait to have a good play when it arrives - the anticipation is killing me at the moment Hopefully it will be with me next week so I'll keep updating the thread as soon as it arrives.

Does anyone have any English literature on these beasts? Especially a workshop manual or operators instructions? I'm quite prepared to pay for these items if anyone’s got copies?

Thanks John Chilton.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man I really am liking these Tatras more and more. That's a lot of truck. Very cool!

John C

Thanks all.

Indeed she does need a repaint and a good going over, however servicing will be my first priority, I want her in perfect mechanical condition before I bother with paint etc as it only ends up scratched and covered in oil if you have any big repairs to make. Besides I'm probably going to alter the rear body at some point soon, contemplating fitting a three way tipper body or maybe a vacuum tanker for work (leaving crane in place), may do the cab up though before doing this as it's not in great shape inside or out.:|

Some roads are a bit of a problem over here, luckily I'm out in the countryside so traffic isn't all that bad, as it happens though the Tatra isn't any wider than most of our HGV's anyway so she fits most roads ok, and if it doesn’t I'm sure people will move out the way:twisted:

Lots more pictures are on the way as soon as she arrives ;-)

John.

Last edited:

duncan

Nice crane! Will need more details on that one!
I'm planning to install a hydraulic crane on my 813 too. Removing the air filter box and probably relocating the exhaust damper, which will get me about 40 cm free space between cab and bed. Want to make it so the crane can take the entire bed off :twisted:

More pics!

tatra813

Good to see another 813 follower!! look over the other 813 thread to get all the info you need plus where to get english manuals.

keep us posted.

John C

Good to see another 813 follower!! look over the other 813 thread to get all the info you need plus where to get english manuals.

keep us posted.
Hi.

Thanks for that, I'd actually already started reading it earlier on today but it's taking me rather a while to get through it all :shock: However it is absolutely full of very useful information, I hope I can contribute to it in the future as I progress with my own vehicle.

Good work guys, thanks ;-)

John.

duncan

On the manuals part I only have a german operators manual (running procedures, small field repairs, etc). It's on paper though. Tatra813 has the proper manuals but no digital stuff either I think.

FreightTrain

Banned
wonder what the going rate for a 813 is now days with the world ecconomy in the crapper and the exchange rates going nuts.....hmmmm,wonder what shipping could set me back to a East Coast port somewhere North Carolina to Texas...........Muh ha ha ha....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks