• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Tatra 813 joins the ranks

tatra813

Going with MortarInvestments. The delays are because the other 813 owner in the country wanted a cab and some parts as well, and we tried to do the deal together. He seems to have disappeared now though, so Im continuing the deal on my own.

Are you having any luck having Mortar return any of your emails? Ask them if they have any dozer blades in yet for sale?
Thanks

duncan

Bypassing the neutral solenoid is an easy fix though. Theres 4 bolts keeping the cover down, remove those, remove the cover, then remove the bolt linking the solenoid to the shaft so it can move freely. This way no matter what the solenoid does, the truck wont go into neutral.

It just means you cant disengage the driveline when winching, so you can only winch yourself forward. Or set the truck to neutral by moving that shaft by hand.

John C

Thanks for the info all, I've got another question though; how is the brake on the winch operated, I can't seem to get it to work, I can see any switch for it so I presume it actuates automatically somehow, perhaps when the clutch pedal is pressed?

Thanks

duncan

Its the white lever under the dash just left of the steering column (as pictured above)... controls the belt brake which is on the drive shaft just in front of winch.

John C

Thanks again, I guess mine has a fault of some sort though as the brake dose nothing when this lever is operated, perhaps a stuck valve or cylinder.

duncan

Im not sure (never checked) wheter its an air valve or controls a solenoid... if its a solenoid it might be an electrical fault, otherwise, see if you have air pressure.
Ofcourse its likely for the brake cylinder to be faulty too, just take off the air line to it and see if it gets activated when operating the winch brake control?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks