Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: I hope GL is watching this site.

Thanks

Amen brother

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 819 Posts

Jeezes I thought this ended a few weeks ago.

I only speak up when the rules are broken, not when guys post legitemate discussion about auctions. If youd go back and look this is in the GL forum .
    Last edited by KsM715; 11-22-2010 at 21:54. Reason: Happy sandcobra?
    Jeff

Sent from my two cans and a string.

'71 M818 (now a w/w w/o PTO) ---- SOLD

M101A2

Thanks
    Thanked 2,686 Times in 1,081 Posts

If we're going strictly by the rules, cursing is prohibited on this family friendly forum as well. I'm just pointing out that you seem to be riding both sides of the fence on this auction business. I'm sure the GL ad money helps with the site and I'm sure some people may have had to pay more at auction due to an auction being broadcast. The ad that really got my attention was the truck slammed on tiny wheels. That truck would not have likely been of any interest to the group here other than fodder to pick fun at. Apply to be a mod, I believe they need some help or just look past post's like that and for goodness sake don't have you're own thread about buying stuff at auction/GL auction unfair prices/practices. Of course, no disrespect intended, I'm just saying pick one side of this auction business. I know plenty of people that watch these auctions, myself included, and I'm the only one of that group that is on SS. Heck, I'd rather get beat by an SS member who hopeful has an interest in the hobby and will care for the item than a flipper who cares nothing about what he does or does not win at auction.

Thanks

Look, Go back and read all my posts about this. Its not an auction thing its a rule thing. In my explanation of the rules I know it seems like Im trying to just keep things quiet. I'm not. I speak up because That rule is a pet peave of mine, I've made that known. It bothers me, just like me posting up about it bothers you, so now you feel you have to say something about it.

Since clinto made it clear 3-4 weeks ago that this auction stuff will stop or people will get banned there hasnt been one post about an active auction that I have seen. And the site has been much more enjoyable to visit without all the bickering. Why are you bringing this up on a post I made over a year and a half ago? Let it go. Its done and over with.

Edit: there I went and edited out my asterisk for you.
    Last edited by KsM715; 11-22-2010 at 21:51.
    Jeff

M101A2

Thanks

Say what you want. For the sake of the site Im not going to respond anymore in this thread, Goodnight.
    Jeff

M101A2

Thanks
    Thanked 2,686 Times in 1,081 Posts

The post was brought up by others. That's how I found it. The only rule that you try to enforce concern post's on auctions which is why I suggested you apply to become a moderator/Auction Police. There have been threads about auction/CL items in the past month. And you have this thread fussing about minimum bids on auctions and you target threads on anyone who has found an auction. You make some valid points about why one would not like info posted about an auction, I made valid points as to how it's on the internet and readily accessible information for anyone who care's to look for it. Perhaps I'm a young guy that has grown up alongside computer's and the information that can be gained by having knowledge available readily on these systems. I just don't think that jumping on every thread that involves an auction or CL or Ebay ad is the responsibility of a regular member. We have an excellent group of Moderators, I met quite a few at the GA Rally this past year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KsM715 View Post
    Since clinto made it clear 3-4 weeks ago that this auction stuff will stop or people will get banned there hasnt been one post about an active auction that I have seen. And the site has been much more enjoyable to visit without all the bickering.
    100% Agree.

It's not fun and games. It's usually a couple grand.
    1987 AM General M35A2C U.S.A.F.
    Hard Top | D Turbo | Dual Circuit Brakes | Heater

Wanted: M915. PM me what you have.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6