• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"War Wagon" Willy

50shooter

Here is our old tree pulling machine. We called it the War Wagon because it was shot out before we got it. It worked well for it's purpose. Not sure what year or what it actually was / is.

Believe it or not, this is what it looked like when we parked it. It didn't start the following year and has never been touched since. I'm sure the mice have taken care of what little wiring this had to begin with.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't know why but that looks so profoundly sad.

wvhillbilly

"Save Willy"!!!! That appears to be a 1950-1951 Willys-Jeep Panel Wagon.
Probably has the flat-head 4cyl. engine. Free turning engine alone in WV is worth 500 bucks. Salvage that Willys, like you did your Deuce!!!! Wish I had that Jeep a few years ago.....:cry:

50shooter

I raised the hood last w/e and couldn't believe how well the engine looked. Untouched for 15 years or so but still looked good. The plug wires were there and the battery hadn't decomposed.

This thing has so much sentimental value that it is the sole identifier of a region of our timber. If we are discussing anything in that quad we refer to it as near the War Wagon. Not sure if Dad would want it out of there but then we've never talked about it.

Parker2

This thing has so much sentimental value that it is the sole identifier of a region of our timber. If we are discussing anything in that quad we refer to it as near the War Wagon. Not sure if Dad would want it out of there but then we've never talked about it.
At least keep it from rusting to nothing.
I am sure it's woth something to a collector.

50shooter

Dad and I were talking tonight and he mentioned the title. Believe it or not the title for this thing is still in the safe deposit box. He is pretty sure it is a 1950. Does anyone know if there is a market for parts? Not sure what all is salvagable. Someone mentioned G503, what is that?

saddamsnightmare

December 19th, 2009.

GET it off the ground and a coat of Rustoleaum damp proof red primer on it....! These critters are worth something more then just rusting away in the woods.... Besides, the taxes on one of these can't be all that high. Those were like the Chevy Carryalls of the period, rough riding and nearly indestructible, unlike the more modern jeeps.

Save it bucko, or put it up for sale....
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

vtwinpilot

I scored one years ago from a guy who just got it and did not have it running. It had a 216 Chev and needed a carb, I put an old 1 barrell rochester on it and it fired right up ran like a watch and had major oil pressure. When I tracked down the original owner he said I got it for less than he had in the motor and I was the 1st to fire it up after the re-build. Was a good hunting truck for a number of years, It still sitting in a local driveway as a plow truck. It look's a little tired (not as trired as this landmark) but at least I know it's still working, which is more than I can say for some of these new piles of crap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks