• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 15.5x20 Michelins Beating The Crap Out of Me!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-YES- I searched. :wink:

Mounted up new Michelin 15.5x20 tires on 10" wide wheels from Clint.

At freeway speeds they just beat the heck out of me. You don't want to drive this truck with a couple of cups of coffee in you :|

OW!

What the driver and passenger gets is a real good shaking that comes right through the seat at 45+ MPH.

I started out with 70 lbs of air pressure. Then I tried searching SS for "air pressure" and read all the posts about that. I lowered the Air Pressure to 60lbs. Still shakes the crap out of ya!

Searched and read some more. Looks like some fellows are running Real Low Air Pressure, around 35 to 40 lbs.

That seems real low.

So what's the scoop? At what air pressure will this thing smooth out and make it driveable?

Planning for a real long trip tomorrow, and first time my wife rides in it except for getting coffee, so I want to give that nice tolerant woman a nice ride in Esmerelda!

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have about 50psi in my 395/85s. I was told 40 or lower. Might try max rated(95psi) for shucks, but the guys here have "been there done that" no need to re-invent the wheel. Take their advice.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dan, have you used those? I took my truck out for a test drive Sunday and aside from the bounce of bumps, I didn't think I needed to balance my tires. Looks like a slow process for tube tires bigger than stock.

DanMartin

Just butt a palm sander on the valve stem to make it go faster.
The Dynabead guys used an engraver tool. I can't imagine putting 14oz in the valvestem like that. Easier just to pop the bead at a tire shop and throw in a 14oz bag, then re-seat the bead and inflate. Done and done.

I have not used them yet, but it's on my list.

frodobaggins

The Dynabead guys used an engraver tool. I can't imagine putting 14oz in the valvestem like that. Easier just to pop the bead at a tire shop and throw in a 14oz bag, then re-seat the bead and inflate. Done and done.

I have not used them yet, but it's on my list.
Not in a tube... :)

tm america

i have mine at 50psi they are smooth.i would check things out they ussually get better with more pressure.any problem that was htere before will be greatly exacerated with more rotating weight .my truck drove fine two days after i put the 15.5s on my left front wheel bearing showed me it was bad when it decided to let go on the e way:roll:

MilitaryRestoration

hey beerslayer.. by chance where did the tires come from and you can pm if you dont want to post pubically, but I may have a good explanation as to why your tires may be doing that... and it may not be fixable... :-/ let me know

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks