• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help-vinyl cover repair

196thprober

Does anyone know of a vinyl repair compound for rips etc on the cab covers and cargo covers? I have seen a repair about 2 feet long that was made with a clear gluelike substance that remains somewhat flexible (it's a little yellowed now) but the repair looks great and hold ups up good beacause it's windwhipped like the rest of the cover. The material looks like it just fused the edges together.

Yes, I did a search for vinyl repair with no luck. Thanks very much if you have a lead for me.

jimmcld

We're going to be getting some new cab tops for the M35 and M809 series trucks. These will be the GI insulated, three color camo, with the zipper rear window. As we did with the power steering units, we are planning to sell them well below market to SS members.

Just thought you might be interested.

Vietnam Veterans of America
Chapter 920
Denton, Texas

54reo

We're going to be getting some new cab tops for the M35 and M809 series trucks. These will be the GI insulated, three color camo, with the zipper rear window. As we did with the power steering units, we are planning to sell them well below market to SS members.

Just thought you might be interested.

Chapter 920
Denton, Texas

VERY interested, please keep me in mind.

How soon?

jimmcld

We just won them on GL today, so, it will be a few days before we get them. Even with all the problems we had with the freight company on or first try at selling, we still were able to sell the power steering units about half of what everyone else was selling them for and make a little money for the VVA. So, we decided to try it again with the cab tops. The "big boys" really bid them up, but I believe we can still sell them for $100 below what they charge and still make a little on them. We have an advantage in that, since we are a non-profit organizatin, all our labor is free. Therefore, lower overhead.

Chapter 920
Denton, Texas

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks