• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m35a2 owner.

azM35a2

Hey!

well i was at an auction preview here in Phoenix, AZ on Friday and something huge caught my eye...yeah an m35a2. i was excited to say the least, as it's the first one I've seen in Arizona at the auctions that was actually for sale! (they tease you at the AZDOA auction with about 10 of them sitting there...but they never sell em!)

Anyways, i bought it... supposedly it turns over but doesn't start. one enthusiast that was at the auction said that the turbo was siezed but i cannot confirm that yet. and the auction staff said the brakes need to be bled. but again...i haven't been able to mess with it yet. bought it saturday, will be having it towed home (somehow) tomorrow.

all i have is cell phone pics for now but, here it is! as you can see, the seat is rough, the canvas roof is no good, the right blinker light is buster, and the fender has a dent next to the light, it has the multifuel turbo diesel. the auction says it's a 1952?

Attachments

scooter01922

Welcome to the site, its got the answer to every question you could ever ask about a deuce. Looks like you got a nice truck to start tinkering on, i don't see anything very hard to fix from those pics.

dittle

Easiest place to get the VIN is off the dash plates......now thats assuming the plates are still there and have the correct info stamped in them. Otherwise they're on the frame up under the left fender I believe (guys correct me if I'm wrong on this).

neb4x4

Not sure about the other A2's, but my VIN/Serial tag is on the windshield frame. Upper Left Drivers side. Mine is a hard top, not that it matters.... But that is where it is. Not sure on other rigs.

I would take a picture and post.... But I am in the Hot-Tub drinking a cold-brew!

B

azM35a2

Not sure about the other A2's, but my VIN/Serial tag is on the windshield frame. Upper Left Drivers side. Mine is a hard top, not that it matters.... But that is where it is. Not sure on other rigs.

I would take a picture and post.... But I am in the Hot-Tub drinking a cold-brew!

B
i'll check there aswell.

and...hot tub? i'd say i'm jelous but it's still around 93 degree's outside right now...yuck. can't wait to get the truck home tomorrow... thinking calling a flatbed tow truck sounds like a good plan, i'm sure my f-350 could flat tow it but..not sure it could stop it quick enough to make me feel comfortable.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen a data plate on the windshield frame, would like to see a pic of that. The M44 series prototypes started in 49 with production really beginning in 50. However, I really doubt its a 52 (although stranger things have happened) The info on the tag and frame numbers will tell the story.

ohnuts

Look above and behind the drivers tire on the front left truck frame. On the frame you will find stamped in with one inch high stamps the vin for your truck. It should match the number on your dash, of course it may not if parts have been swapped around.

azM35a2

i'm anxious to see the title from the auction place tomorrow.....if they have no title (they didn't disclose such)...should i walk away? (i'm thinking yes...) i'm thinking the title isn't right if they listed it in the catalog as a 52...and you guys say they didn't make these in 52...(looked more like 70's to me) might not end up getting it afterall, we shall see.

neb4x4

Sorry, my fault... Must have been too much time in the Hot-Tub drinking Barley-Pop. I went out in the shop and took some pics... The one tag on the wondshield frame is for the VIN/serial ### of the hard-top unit itself. The veichle serial/Vin tag on mine is just to the upper left of the 12 pack holder... oops.... I mean glove box!!! LOL

Pics attached.

And now.... Back to the hot-tub, it's still about 50 deg here!!!

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right, another AZ person! :razz:

These forums are absolutely a great resource and you'll find a lot of info on many different aspects of your truck. There are also a good number of local people who are very knowledgeable about your new acquisition.

I've sent you a PM.

scooter01922

I wouldn't worry about the title issue as much as on any other vehicle. NOT a deal breaker IMO. Oh, it certainly could be a 52, just retrofitted with a multi later on, certainly not a rare thing. I think you did well enough on that truck, hang on to it.

Last edited:

azM35a2

well lets call it a possible new acquisition. i'm a little worried about the title at this point. the catalog says it's a '52....and i'm sure they got that year off of the title (catalog called it a 1952 jeep).

these local people....do they know about the one i just bought or just in general? would be curious to know where it came from.

awaiting your pm :)

wsucougarx

Are you able to get the truck licensed in AZ w/out a title? If not, you could go through an outfit to get a title for the truck. However, that'll cost around $400-600 to get one. From what I've heard it can take from 3-6 months to get the title. Looking at the truck, it does not look like a '52 unless it was completely rebuild w/updates. Definately go to them and ask them for the title and go out and verify the VIN matches the dataplate above the glovebox AND matches the VIN stamped on the frame inside the driver side wheel well. If your truck is undercoated then bring something to scrape off the undercoating so you can verify! That VIN # can be ran in here to verify Date of Manuf, Manuf, Last unit who had it and how many miles was documented.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks