• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m35a2 owner.

azM35a2

if the title isn't accurate or...simply not the title for it, i'll walk away. just a hassle i don't need. not worth the mechanical repairs, costmetic repairs AND dealing with title issues.

neb4x4

Don't get discourged yet...

I still havn't got my title... It's been ohh.... almost 2 1/2 months...

Like another one said, it dosn't seem to be a 51 or 52. But I could be wrong.

azM35a2

tomorrow will tell. till then i'll do what i do best...assume the worst!

also bought a motorcycle that has some previous accident damage, doesn't say salvage title in the catalog so if it is...we're going to have some problems there too.

but heres hoping they have thier stuff together and all is in order. it's not a matter of waiting for this title, it'll just simply be the right title...or it won't. i should have the answer to that by 10am tomorrow though. i'll let you guys know, with either...angry news, or new higher res pics!

azM35a2

well not only does this title match the frame vin, but also the data plate in the cab...so all is good. i guess it is a 1952!?

it has a LDT465-1D motor from 1986 in it. also the turbo is indeed siezed up, And the brake pedal goes straight to the floor. i have not attempted to start it (have it on a charger right now)

Attachments

dittle

The last 2 digits of the "39871" line show that it is indeed a 1971. The first set "04C-39871" is a registration (think that is correct military term) number for the truck followed by the "0525-21414" which is the s/n of that truck.

azM35a2

i think they just went by the first 2 numbers (excluding 0) in the serial number, as the year. either way it's titled as a '52 jeep...thats all it says on the title, should be a breeze to register it, and being it says 1952..no emissions! (pre 67 in az)

dittle

If it works in your favor go for it. No one else in the government caught it, just a bunch of OD addicts :-D

Jinx

The last 2 digits of the "39871" line show that it is indeed a 1971. The first set "04C-39871" is a registration (think that is correct military term) number for the truck followed by the "0525-21414" which is the s/n of that truck.
Are you sure about this? My trucks registration number is 04G-23671 which by your numbering means it would be a '71. Carnac ran it through his computer and it came up as a '78. Also the SF-97 form confirmed it was a '78. The serial number (which I haven't posted here) matches the one on the SF-97. I double checked it before licensing.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You've got to be careful when determining the year. David Doyle did an article (that I can't find) in MVM awhile ago that covered this pretty in depth. Just because a certain year is determined a certain way; it changed several times over the production history. For example the (71) that shows a Kaiser Jeep model year, doesn't necessarily mean every truck with (71) in these 2 digits is a (71) you have to look at the whole vin/registration number. If CARNAC said it's a 78, i'm betting it is.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

contract year is 1970. The starting vin definately makes it a 1971. My General Products Division M35A2 had a pretty close VIN of 0525-21570. There you have it.

YOU HAVE A 1971 GENERAL PRODUCTS DIVISION M35A2

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not a '52 Jeep. Jeep didn't make them in '52. If the data plate in the pics match the frame number it's a '71.

If the truck is indeed a '52 it started it's life as a gasser and should have fenders that has a "shelf" inside the engine compartment.

chicklin

I thought the "71" in the serial number indicated the contract year, which may not necessarily be the same as the year of manufacture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks