• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New m35a2 owner.

azM35a2

yeah, i've already emailed him. problem is like i said, even with the part...i don't know that i have the time or initiative to replace it.

azM35a2

to late, already wrote the for sale ad.

if in the mean time, i find a killer deal on an injector pump, maybe i'll bring it to life and take it off the market but, i don't need more projects, i have an '06 civic i should have finished 6 months ago and still haven't had time, i have a '98 bmw to finish, '00 celica to finish, '01 vstar 1100, '07 mean streak se, '06 vino, etc... all projects i need to work on.

i thought this truck would be a simple clean up and play...not ending up that way. at the rate i'm going, i'll be ready to work on it next year.

wsucougarx

Well at least you did try and get her going:) Good luck to you on selling your truck. Sorry things didn't work out better for you. Ah, you'll find a strong runner in the future:)

bryan70546

to late, already wrote the for sale ad.

if in the mean time, i find a killer deal on an injector pump, maybe i'll bring it to life and take it off the market but, i don't need more projects, i have an '06 civic i should have finished 6 months ago and still haven't had time, i have a '98 bmw to finish, '00 celica to finish, '01 vstar 1100, '07 mean streak se, '06 vino, etc... all projects i need to work on.

i thought this truck would be a simple clean up and play...not ending up that way. at the rate i'm going, i'll be ready to work on it next year.
Just sale all your other projects and put all the money in the truck then you have one sweet unit that will last you a long time
LOL just messing with you .Good luck with your sale
Sure would of been nice to read you brought the ole girl back to life.

azM35a2

oh i still would love it as a runner....i think it'd be a lot of fun to cruise around in this thing especially in the fall/winter in AZ. the summer however would be horrid...no a/c and my canvas top is rotted away (canvas anything + az sun = well...no more canvas)

i will be watching that ebay ad, or if anyone has an injector pump for sale thats known to be good, let me know. if i get the part, i'd probably pull it off the market and let it sit and wait for me to have time to finish it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if you are dead set on selling the truck it would still pay you to get it running. Non-running is really going to hurt the selling price. The truth of the matter is you'll make more money parting it out than you would selling it as it sits.

scooter01922

HOLD ON, don't go selling it just yet. Still one SIMPLE, EASY thing you haven't checked yet. Pull the center plug in the hydraulic head. The one in the middle of all the injector lines. Go pull the plug off the in tank fuel pump so it won't spout a geyser out of there while the plug is out. Then either have helper watch the plunger to see if its moving or toss a clean number 2 pencil on top of it so you can see if its moving from the drivers seat. Give it a crank, if it dosen't move then thats your issue, if it does well there are still other things to check. Which end of the injector lines did you loosen??? Takes a surprising amount of cranking to get anything at the upper end.

azM35a2

i'd primarily just want what i have in to it (price + tow + battery's + diesel + etc..)... about 2600. i may part it out but, due to the weight of all the parts, and the fact that...if i don't have time to fix it, i really don't have time to part it out. i'd prefer to sell it whole.

if i get it running...it won't be for sale. :razz:

azM35a2

bit dark to try that right now but i'll go try it tomorrow.. i tried both ends of the injector lines.

Last edited:

scooter01922

I would but i'm far from an expert and Az is a loooong way from the east coast. Keep us posted and we will get this fixed, just might take a few days.

azM35a2

lol, i just moved back out here about 6 months ago, from michigan. thought i missed it there...but it was just cold and everyone was poor...decided to move back to AZ...here it's hot, but at least some people have money.

i think i'm going to go pull that bolt out anyways...screw it.

scooter01922

Ugh, well uh.....thats good, at least the plunger isn't stuck. If the plunger moves and the shutoff lever moves you should get fuel to the injectors. Thus far i haven't seen enough to call it a crap pump. Try cranking it some more to see if the fuel starts flowing. It sounds moronic but it can take a loooong time for the fuel to get moving on the multi. Must have screwed around on the m35a1 for hours before i got any real flow. This will sound even stupider but.....how much diesel is in the tank??? The screens on the intank can start to suck air well before you hit empty and that will majorly screw you up as you will never truely bleed the IP. Love to continue to troubleshoot but its close to 1 Am and i gotta work in the AM :evil: talk to ya tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks