• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

West Central Fl Trip

dc3coyote

I am planning a trip to Richloam this weekend Aug 7,8,9. I would like to make/ start mapping out Richloam using a GPS. This may take severaly days since Richloam is a HUGE area, and knowing me we will also wind up in the Green Swamp as well. I know there are a few people in the area who want to go. If theres no interest I will still be going locally, just a few miles from my house.
Branan 727 967 8142

Last edited:

sak00

richloam trip

Bad weekend for me. The wife has us booked all weekend. We had a heck of a strom up here yesterday, so there should be lots of water standing in the low spots. It looks like we're going to get some more today. Ought to be a great trip. Let me know how it goes.

tjcouch

I'll be in Datona at Jeep Beach - but have a blast - we are finally getting some rain!

Richloam got an inch yesterday!

I plan on going on 5/23 though!

dc3coyote

I think I can talk my other buddies into going then as well. I know they have been wanting to take their dueces out and see what they can do. As well as some camping.

tjcouch

Cool - folks from my 4x4 club are going too (Suncoast Flatlanders) and the Lakeland Jeep Club has shown interest.

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey, why didn't I hear about this!

I'd love to come as long as my new accelerator pump comes tomorrow! Its still scheduled for tomorrow! So probably count me in.

When/Where? Any more info? Never been to Richloam.

I'd prefer Sunday if there's still a choice, lol.

Last edited:

Pinz25086

Richloam is off SR 50 south of Webster. I have not been out there in a deuce but it is a great place for a Pinz. I would love to go but have other commitments for the weekend. It is well worth the trip!

Branan - Did you get your shovel back for the Pinz?

Wayne

SixSpeed

Banned
Anyone have an address? I am a Google Maps-Whore

The Unimog is somewhere in between a Deuce & a Pinzgauer...so I should be alright....maybe.

dc3coyote

No I think Mike is holding my shovel ransom...
The Duece trip will be next weekend.
This weekend is only playing in a pit my buddy told me about. He wants to show me how is jeep is better than a Pinz. Plus I plan to give Brittany "Mouse" some wheel time.
Richloam is at Sr 50 in Clermont. The best place I know to enter is at the Bass conservation place.
Branan
727 967 8142

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey, I don't think I am going to make it.

Someone in an F250 kindly totaled my 540i for me today, so I am pretty sore and the Unimog isn't exactly driver friendly.

tjcouch

Plans are starting to coalesce . . but nothing hard yet . . . . we will be meeting somewhere, at some time in the morning and riding in Richloam. :-D

I am starting to apply a little bit of Presidential pressure on the organizer.

Should have an answer with details later today.

tjcouch

OK we have a plan: I, the Suncost Flatlanders (10+Jeeps) and the Lakeland Jeep Club are all meeting at 10:00 AM at the Ranger Check Station/ Fish Hatchery, 471 and North Grade Road.

Hope to see some green iron too!

tjcouch

A 08:40 departure from the rest stop on I 75 ( mm 278 )

I'll be taking a slightly slower route with my truck that avoids much of the interstate.. it adds about 20 - 25 minutes to the trip . . . . but is a much more pleasant trip for me.
(54 through Zephyrhills to 98, to 471, to the Check / Ranger Station at 471 and North Grade Road.)

My intended route -

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=I-75+N&daddr=FL-54%2FState+Rd+54+to:28.232566,-82.246828+to:FL-471%2FState+Rd+471+to:County+Rd-788&hl=en&geocode=FZaSrgEdNigX-w%3BFUKargEdxK8Y-w%3B%3BFfNssAEdSu4b-w%3BFXSWsgEdvfwb-w&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=14&via=1,2,3&sll=28.223643,-82.226915&sspn=0.042653,0.073557&ie=UTF8&ll=28.245496,-82.164345&spn=0.170578,0.294228&z=12

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks