• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-318 0n M103A3

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ryan Gill, I think you asked for pics of my little shelter on the trailer. I still haven't taken them yet but happened across these. Let me know if you need specifics. On this trip (Aberdeen) I had the shelter back from the nose so I could haul 2 HMMWV engines there for Bruce Kubu. The shelter is a bit smaller than the S-250.

Attachments

Armada

Nice set-up! I like the can holders on the back of the shelter. Would that also fit into a 105 trailer? Looks like it would. Nice pic of soldier 'B' on the back of the tractor too, :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love my lil soldier "b". He helps me more than one would figure. The shelter is barely 6' so it will fit nicely in the M105 and stll leave 3' for plunder. If I did it over again, I would do the S-250. The little extra room would help a bunch. I don't use this hardly at all but it''s nice to have. Bought it from GL back in 2002 for $140. Its sure served its purpose. Now if I can just find a dirt cheap M880 to put it in!

rmgill

It looks like I have a line on a whole mess of M390C and M514 trailers. They're hawk missile trailers. I'll be looking for things to trade them for. Most of them have some of the equipment boxes on them, but some are missing jacks and of course the radar gear.

rmgill

I wish this S283 shelter were closer, its ideal for what I want to do on a 1.5 ton trailer.

Davis Monthan AFB is a bit far to drive for a shelter though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that shelter! My M103A3 chassis trailer is 10' long, a foot longer than the M105. I saw one on EBay a while back that had boxes or something built into the bed. Might have been a radar trailer or something. It was based on the M103A3 chassis.

rmgill

The M514 trailer is interesting in that it has very large fender wells and the suspension is a set of torsion axles. The fender wells have tool boxes on their tops. The M390C is the one with the tallest suspension I've seen and the most shallow fender wells. Add some bracing and you'll have space for one of those big square shelters.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the 514 the the M353 genset trailer? Its got a weird dropped axle but I don't recall it being torsion. Time to google the M514

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy Smokes, I didn't realize that I already have the TM for these trailers. Ryan, you say you're getting a bunch of them? The M390C looks interesting!

Desert Rat

Ryan, that's an M380 Transportable shelter in need of a dolly set!!! Get the dollies and you have a very unique tralier to pull!!! I have this set-up and it has worked excellently for me. Very flexible for muilt-purposes. I LOVE mine.

rmgill

I'd prefer to put it on a 1.5 ton trailer. I don't have the space for a 'pull only' shelter mobilizer. I could never park it in the spaces I have for the MVs beside/behind my house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks