• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humber Pig APC

kcimb

He told me that they were just too heavy for their running gear and because of that prone to breakage. The B60 isn't a problem, but it is grossly under powered for a vehicle that weighs almost twice that of a Ferret. He also explained they weren't great to work on but not quite as bad as the Saracen.

In short, he didn't want to sell me something that I'd regret in the future.
I talked to a few individuals over on HMVF and they liked the pig. They said it was underpowered and the brakes sucked, since they were never upgraded from the original.

But it was a solid design.

kcimb

The pig is a interesting, affordable, fairly comfortable armored vehicle. I look at it as an antique collector vehicle that will be good to have around if to much hope and change happens. Sould the SHTF I think the windshields are too large, where will you get one when once it gets shot at and is all spalled?
Having a picture of a V100 I would think you see the value in tire size and the ability for larger diameter tires to climb obsticals.
3" openings are too small to use with rifles like M4 M16 AK47
The suspension doesnt appear to be over loaded in the least, the weakpoint was in the axle shafts. The 1953 technology is like our current military vehicles.
I have seen complete driving Humbers for $13000, the only peacekeeper I have had the chance to buy was $25000 for a junk yard stripped vehicle with the cadaloy armor doors missing etc. Just my opinion
Yeah, I think so too. I just like the fact that it's basically a truck with an armoured body slapped on.

I could get a ferret or a Humber... I'm shooting for the humber based on the fact I can carry 8 friends with me.

Marines42

I have a pig and it is pretty awesome as far as I am concerned. Nobody in this hobby will probably have much trouble maintaining one. Lots of interior room and mine is a Mk 2 so it has the better armor. I have 2 Ferrets so I have some parts commonality with the engines but it has a different transmission. The only thing I had a problem with is the fuel pump but KCI has rebuild kits. Its a solid beast and would easily get you through a city of misanthropes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks