• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Experimental 5/4t? - XM705

67Beast

That would makes sense; and explain the similarity.
Especially since around that time would have been the switch from Jeeps military vehicle division to AM General once AMC bought Jeep. Being that AM General designed and produced the HMMWV, I would assume the same engineers would have been involved in both vehicles.

Steve1031

I just picked up an XM705. It had been sitting since 2001. Needless to say, it needs gone through. Anyone know how to get an information/manuals for it? I know that because it never went into production for the military, there are no TM's. Has anyone contacted GM to see if they still have any info on these?

saddamsnightmare

May 31st, 2015.

Interesting truck, but man, I would hate to find spare parts for it, as I suspect GMC or Chevy did just what AMC Jeep used to do, buy one part from every maker and create a vehicle out of the potpourri! It would have made an interesting truck, but at that time civilian pickups were in the $2000 to $3000 price range, so Chevy really meant to line their pockets.

Fascinating how many survived in Fire and Wildlife Department service, though, for such an odd truck....2cents

saddamsnightmare

May 31st, 2015.

It might be time to get David Doyle to do one of his most exquisite vehicle design histories on these trucks, and then figure out how many still are surviving in operable condition in 2015!:D

rhinob

May 31st, 2015.

Interesting truck, but man, I would hate to find spare parts for it, as I suspect GMC or Chevy did just what AMC Jeep used to do, buy one part from every maker and create a vehicle out of the potpourri! It would have made an interesting truck, but at that time civilian pickups were in the $2000 to $3000 price range, so Chevy really meant to line their pockets.

Fascinating how many survived in Fire and Wildlife Department service, though, for such an odd truck....2cents

Under mine looks like Chevy through and through. Finding parts for this thing shouldn't be a problem at all...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks