Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M37 - Wiring harness and where it goes...

Thanks

John Duncan : photos : Rob Young's M37- powered by SmugMug

Here is a link to some good reference pics.............I use all the time!!!!!

I attached the pic from that site that shows the suppressor. Its the silver box between the air intake and the horn. Its mounted on the firewall. The main harness enters in from the left and then another harness takes the circurit to the distributor.

There was a MWO in the late 50's to remove these from the system. I have retained mine in my restoration. It still works but I have another that I hollowed out and just ran a wire across internally to make the circuit to work.

Glad to help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vtdeucedriver View Post
    John Duncan : photos : Rob Young's M37- powered by SmugMug

Here is a link to some good reference pics.............I use all the time!!!!!

I attached the pic from that site that shows the suppressor. Its the silver box between the air intake and the horn. Its mounted on the firewall. The main harness enters in from the left and then another harness takes the circurit to the distributor.

There was a MWO in the late 50's to remove these from the system. I have retained mine in my restoration. It still works but I have another that I hollowed out and just ran a wire across internally to make the circuit to work.

Glad to help

Good call, I had completely forgotten about the older style and the suppressor. Thanks for reminding evryone about that little box. I see so few of those suppressors, I think only once in 25 years. And come to think about it, only one or two of the fuel filters, I mostly come across B series, and the early series I have owned or looked at didn't have either.

Regards,
    M376X6

Thanks

Ditto what VT said
    I had the same problem when I rewired my 1954,M-37 , the early M-37's ( 1951-2) had the supression filter mounted on the firewall ( later 37's had them mounted in the dist base). Other then adding a extension everything else should be the same. Tell your friend that while he's at it he should run a additional wire to each frt park lights just incase he wants to convert to turn signals, he can just reuse the old B.O brake light wire for the rear.
    Last edited by Bill W; 05-26-2009 at 22:47.

Thanks

MVPA
    Thanks

vtdeucedriver

Thanks for posting the link with the M37 pictures. Great detail on that site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by T. Highway View Post
    vtdeucedriver

Thanks for posting the link with the M37 pictures. Great detail on that site.

NP I use it all the time!!

Private
    Thanks

Default distributor wire #12

you can buy an extension distributor wire from Vintage Wiring, one end screws on to the distributor the other end is a male fitting that hooks to the main harness (you will need a female tube connector to make the connection work). Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2