• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2. Need new bearings & gaskets fort TRANNY.

BMCUSNAVY

Hello...... I need new bearings & gasket set for my 5 spd tranny in my 83 M35A2C. Upon getting on the road, the deuce runs great, then I started getting a vibration and as the truck warms up more, the vibrations gets worse, tranny gets difficult to shift and takes more rpm's to get going. I already replaced the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throwout bearing, etc. and still have the same issues. When I drained the tranny, there was sizeable fillings, both brass & metal. Took the tranny into 2 different reputable shops and they say everything looks great (tranny only has 2K since government overhaul). After driving the deuce I let the turbo cool off for at least 5 min. and I have a noise in the tranny. I have checked the transfer case fluid and its good to go. Anyone have any recommendations or point of contact for bearings, gaskets, etc. for the tranny...... Thank and I appreciate all you advice & wisdom.

Wayne Garlick
BMC USN(Ret)

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Hello...... I need new bearings & gasket set for my 5 spd tranny in my 83 M35A2C. Upon getting on the road, the deuce runs great, then I started getting a vibration and as the truck warms up more, the vibrations gets worse, tranny gets difficult to shift and takes more rpm's to get going. I already replaced the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, throwout bearing, etc. and still have the same issues. When I drained the tranny, there was sizeable fillings, both brass & metal. Took the tranny into 2 different reputable shops and they say everything looks great (tranny only has 2K since government overhaul). After driving the deuce I let the turbo cool off for at least 5 min. and I have a noise in the tranny. I have checked the transfer case fluid and its good to go. Anyone have any recommendations or point of contact for bearings, gaskets, etc. for the tranny...... Thank and I appreciate all you advice & wisdom.

Wayne Garlick
BMC USN(Ret)
Try this supplier.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you looked to see if the driveline is in line? CCattlet had a HORRIBLE clatter driving down to the Ga rally. DH looked it over and the Tcase was at an angle it shouldn't have been. A couple shims, and it was like new. I guess you have greased all the zerks in the driveline? Checked the gear oil in the diffs? If a shop has looked it over, I doubt its the trans.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Oh yeah, I got a rebuilt trans that had teeth left in the bottom of it from being rebuilt. I looked inside(really Pizzed at this point) and not one tooth was missing off any of the gears. Sometimes I think they get lazy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks