• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave Cable?

3dubs

How much does a slave cable cost? I found a couple online. One $150 and another $250. Can I just get the ends at an electrical supply and get my own cable? I think it would be helpful to have a thread to help people find sources.

Sephirothq

I have alread bought a used cable $80 shipped. So don't give up hope. Look on ebay for them. It is funny but this type of stuff brings less on ebay then it does on Gov liquid and even from members on this site. And I don't know about you guys but money is a bit tight rght now.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
your local electrical supply house WONT have the ends.. And you dont want to buy them from AB Connector. Big $$$$$$$$....

Get them yourself, either the ends and get some welding cable and DIY, or buy them complete off ebay or a member here...

Also, 12 footers are about useless, 20's are the norm.

otisroy

FYI, don't expect the cable to be cheap. I paid almost $150 for 50' of 1/0 at vendor price. DIY may not be the cheapest route if you can find a set from a member or eBay.

emr

There are a TON of posts already about this and much more, they say where to get them how much they go for and so on, they are worth 100 easy. for a nice set that does not look all weathered and the rubber cables getting brittle,the prices of 80 are for guys who shop and know to be patient,I sold a 14 ft set to a friend for 75, there are at least 6 to 8 lenghts out there, I have 12 fters 26fters and 45fters and I also have 8ft old style along with 20 ft old style, so many manufacturers over many years many many years and U will find right when U think U learned it all U will locate something the military did U did not know, so best advise keep an open mind . like everything else, there are a few different ends available a few different types/grades of rubber like some can be good neoprene and some more stiff, all are good, the bigger green ends that have the nuts showing at the point where the cable enters the head are the best.Like gimpyrod is saying U are asking alot more than U think, start searching old threads for the most info...the ends go fo 50 each easy and are worth it from vendor U may find right here, the cable will be big bucks too, its cheaper to buy em already done.

LanceRobson

If you can get to shows or rallys or can coordinate with a buddy to do the same, you'll find them at pretty good prices.

In the last year I've bought a 20' two pin for $20, a 20' NATO for $25 and a 50' NATO for $90.

I've got two sons in the hobby and we like to have a cable in each vehicle so although we've got two 50' and, at least, four 20' cables, I'll keep buying them.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks