• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought a M915A1 today

jpcj-7

Dad and I got one of the M915A1 tractors today in Dayton, Ohio. We have been wanting something larger, well here we go! It will be nice to have a semi around for our business, farm and some personal stuff. Getting my paper work in order tonight, hopefully we can pick her up in a week or two....

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mee to, you know what they say, sooner or later, you'll own a General . . . I would like to thank Armyman30yearsplus, Dave Frankenhauser, for posthumously convinicing me to buy this . . . his stories about 915's running over 100 mph did it . . . I know it will take the Cat trans to get that speed, though. These trucks have to be one of the best bargains I have ever seen on GL. 400 horse Cummins Big Cam III, I love it!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, I missed the auction. Oh well, don't (shouldn't) need one anyways. About what did they go for?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang, I missed the auction. Oh well, don't (shouldn't) need one anyways. About what did they go for?

Just get online. They have 8 more sitting there and the auction ends 6/2/2009.

Go on, you know you want to.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll wait till there are surplus M920s on GL. And I win the lottery.

Great save! Be sure to post pics of the recovery!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really appreciated GL showing the tach at 500 rpms on the runners. Everyone always poo-poos GL about hiding the bad, here, you can be confident the trucks are fresh turn-ins and not some cann point hangar queen.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm really excited about getting the truck! We have been wanting a semi for sometime and I'm glad to be getting an MV! I think they look like good trucks.

Where you there at WPAFB looking at the trucks Tuesday of this week? I saw someone there that looked like a Father and Son team looking at them.

steve

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it wasn't us, we didn't get a chance to preview these trucks....

Okay, I just saw a couple of guys walking around with Brian starting them. You should have a good recovery from the looks of them.

steve

Transmission????

Do you happen to know if these trucks have the 700 series Allison automatics as listed in the descriptions? I googled this series of truck and it pulls up the Caterpillar transmission although the description of the trucks said 754 Allison and the pictures didn't look like the cogged style Caterpillar transmission control. The 740 and 750 Allisons I'm familiar with had a t bar style grip. What trans do these trucks come?

Thanks,
Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks