• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

tomcata3

quad cab

I used a cab from a m35a2 to build my m35a3 quad cab

I have a question? I own a 1993 M35A3 its a soft top. I found a 5 ton a2 that is a soft top. I want to use that one to build a 4 door truck. Is that going to be ok? Useing that older truck as the rear on a 4 door? I am going to use the front springs out of that 5 ton for the rear. I want to bob it as short as I can using the M35A3 bed. I am going to have custom 8" spring hangers made. I am going to be putting 1600 R20s the 52.9 tires. Do you for see any problems using the old A2 body with the A3? Once the truck is togther I plan on having a custom soft top made for it.

Please advise any information you may have.

The A3s Rocks by the way.....

Rodman Gomez

Military Oz Tires . Com

FatBuddhaBoo

Hey Clinton, can you post some pics showing how much leg room there is in the back section? I'm getting ready to start my build soon and I'm thinking of eliminating the vent section between the doors, so I'm curious how much leg room I might be left with.

hornetfan

the back of the cab would end up being like 8ft. wide which would flow into the bed nicely
About 80" width at rear of crew cab. Give extra room for a decent size rear window too. If you continue the slope of the roof you'll gain 4-6" of interior height for about 60" interior ht at rear of cab assuming a "B" post width the same as the vent part of the front with no extra room added between front/rear cab sections.

Built as a 'station waggon' or suburban style body with rear cargo area about 7' long open to the front with pass through between the rear cab seats it would be an honest 12 passenger truck. Room enough for a pair of sleeping beds with gobs of storage, room for a small stove, pottie, and mini-sink and small ice box. Think small sailboat. Rig the rear cargo area seat backs to fold down to form bunks and you'd still have room for full sheets of plywood or a 1/2 cord of wood. Even with 30" wide bunks (high rear seat backs) and you would have a decent 20" wide passage to rear door even with bunks down. Roomy. An overgrown version of my long wheelbase military (ex-MOD) Land Rover.

I have an M35A3 which I want to turn into a 4x4 and I was originally thinking 2-ton Xm-381 type "bobbed deuce" but this has me thinking. I really like my Land Rover but I want better wading ability and more room. A 5-door M35A3 (counting rear door) station waggon would be awesome. My truck is a 1-ton but the 4x4 5-door deuce would be a 2-ton.

Just food for thought ....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks