• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
that looks awesome. Since you obviously have the capacity to make it happen I would think hard about something to stiffen where the 2 cabs meet. I think plating from the center of the front door to the center of the reat door (I'm all about over kill)would add a lot of rigidity and would not be too visually intrusive.

something like the terrible illustration below
yellow=basic outline
blue= cutout for the vent
red= area bent at 90 degrees (just dont block the tcase pto shifter mouting holes)

Attachments

Last edited:

davesgmc

nice! I have a complete flat floor in the rear half of mine, and between the cabs is about 18 inches more. a bit over kill, but thas what its all about

bubba_got_you

that looks awesome. Since you obviously have the capacity to make it happen I would think hard about something to stiffen where the 2 cabs meet. I think plating from the center of the front door to the center of the reat door (I'm all about over kill)would add a lot of rigidity and would not be too visually intrusive.

yellow=basic outline
red= area bent at 90 degrees (just dont block the tcase pto shifter mouting holes)
im with him

I think if I ever made a 4 or 6 door deuce or 5ton, Id put a cromolly cage in. Nothing to extravagant, just enough to stiffen up the cab so it doesn't creek and grown when off road. Id also mount the cab on some rubber or air ride isolators so it doesn't have to flex as much as the frame.

davesgmc

I think if I ever made a 4 or 6 door deuce or 5ton, Id put a cromolly cage in. Nothing to extravagant, just enough to stiffen up the cab so it doesn't creek and grown when off road. Id also mount the cab on some rubber or air ride isolators so it doesn't have to flex as much as the frame.
I put some extras in mine so the frame can flex under it.

tm america

looking good .seems everyone straightens out the rear doors rather than keeping the angle.i think it would be cool to keep the angle so you could have a bigger back seat maybe even run two pass side seats:roll:or a seat from a van that turns into a bed:-Dplus it would probably be an easier mod since all you would have to do is cut the cab down the middle and make a wider tunnel.

frodobaggins

looking good .seems everyone straightens out the rear doors rather than keeping the angle.i think it would be cool to keep the angle so you could have a bigger back seat maybe even run two pass side seats:roll:or a seat from a van that turns into a bed:-Dplus it would probably be an easier mod since all you would have to do is cut the cab down the middle and make a wider tunnel.
The back is wider than the front... If you kept the angle, the extension would bend in behind the original seats.

tm america

it wouldnt bend in the doors are angled out the back is wider than the front.so the front of the back door would be wider than the back of the front doors and the back of the back doors would be even wider.you would have to angle the part that has the vents to the same angle as the angle on the doors:roll:

frodobaggins

it wouldnt bend in the doors are angled out the back is wider than the front.so the front of the back door would be wider than the back of the front doors and the back of the back doors would be even wider.you would have to angle the part that has the vents to the same angle as the angle on the doors:roll:
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. That would blend with the bed well, but I still don't know how good it would look. Time for Photoshop...

ccequipment

yellow=basic outline
I was planning on doing something like that, I have some square tubing I was thinking about tying into the upper post, I plated it with 1/8 steel, and coming down at an angle to the floor. It did turn out alot more solid than I figured on it being, mainly because of all the bends and 1/8 plate I used. I may tie the hardtop into the structure. After I get the top on I will see how it goes.

Boss Doug

Take lots of pic's, so when my boy (bubba_got_you) and I do the 66 burb on a duce frame and runing gear we have something to look at when we can not figure it out. :roll:

ccequipment

Couple more pics of the truck, Got the floor finshed and the outsides patched in. I also got the rear cab mount installed. I cut the top and rolled up a 4' piece to join the two. Hopefully I will get the top and center posts all done, and maybey I can move on to some steps and the fuel tank. Thanks Clinton

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couple more pics of the truck, Got the floor finshed and the outsides patched in. I also got the rear cab mount installed. I cut the top and rolled up a 4' piece to join the two. Hopefully I will get the top and center posts all done, and maybey I can move on to some steps and the fuel tank. Thanks Clinton
What brand of jack stands are those? :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks