• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

3 needs: MI, OH and KY to North New Jersey

drdstny

Banned
Hi,

I had a couple "helpers" flake out on me at the last second and now I'm stranded. In looking for help I discovered Steel Soldiers and now have it in my bookmark bar. Hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting this as my first post.

I have 3 semi-urgent shipping needs:

--Detroit, MI to East-PA / North NJ: M817 dump truck, no engine or cab, otherwise rolling; pretty flexible on transport date

--Columbus, OH DRMO to East-PA / North NJ: 4 pallets HEMTT wheels MUST PICK UP THIS WEEK!!

--Corydon, KY to East-PA / North NJ: Cummins L-10 engine on a steel stand.

Everything is paid for, I just need to get these items shipped to me. I can meet you in Eastern PA or NNJ, I just lack the time to go much farther than that. Can pre-pay if you come highly recommended or will pay cash on delivery. Not looking for charity, I'm wiling to pay. Please email or PM if you can help in any way on any of those 3.

I'm new to the board and can't tell the sinners from the saints apart from # of posts.

grounded

Banned
Hey gimpy if your up for grabbing these rims i can put them on my lowboy when i head to PA in a couple weeks

is that ok with you DRD. we can work on the cost on fuel for bringing them out ;)

how big is that engine? i might be able to get it on the trailer also ;)...

I cant pick the stuff up off of a site as im SWAMPED for next 2 weeks but if someone can snatch the stuff im sure i can help get them 2 things moved for you JUst gotta meet me in PA though.

grounded

Banned
could also PM

ALRedneck
Heavy, (hot shot transport)
and couple other people on here that do transport for a regular basis for people. on here in the transportation section of the forums

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dunno if I can get 4 more pallets on the truck. Let me see if I can work something out. Will post up shortly.

drdstny

Banned
Sounds ok to me.

Also, the engine is about the size of a 250 NHC or an 8.3CT. It's roughly the same size as the Cummins or Hercules in the Deuces. Weighs about #1200.

I need to know who to permit on the Columbus base and need some particulars for ID. If the wheels are picked up this week, they can take their time getting to me.

I'm also willing to part with some of those wheels as part-trade or if anyone else is interested.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Anyone have a weight on these rims? I'm going to be pretty full with my load. Might have to make 2 trips.

grounded

Banned
i got more wheels then i know what to do with. LOL..

gimp 2000# a pallet load ;)..

well DRD if you can get the stuff picked up i can figure a way to load you on the trailer ;)

they would be in PA in mid JUNE!

drdstny

Banned
BTW, grounded, do you have any 1600x20s? I'd happily trade you wheels:tires 2:1 if you do, or 1:1 if you have 1400x20s

Weight on the rims is a reported 1936# per pallet.

Unless you mean "to Columbus base," do not make 2 trips. I'm not in a hurry except for getting them off the base. Let's keep this as simple as possible.

drdstny

Banned
Mid-June is fine. What city? I'll call my travel agent. :-D You know: SWMBO

grounded: we're just talking wheels, right? If so, the call is still open for help on the engine & M817

And THANKS for the quick response!

lstmate

Is Corydon over near Evansville? I can probably get something worked out to pick up if it is. No able to ship to PA but can probably arrange pickup and storage.

drdstny

Banned
grounded: terrific! Let me know when you can be in KY to pick up the engine and I'll PM you the details.

1stmate: sounds like grounded has the engine under control, but THANKS.

Anyone up for towing an M817?

oilcan

Looks like I'm headed to columbus again.
Grounded, are you gonna be able to stop by my place to pick these wheels up? It's probably less out of your way than going to gimp's.

I don't know if I'd be able to pick up the 817 or not. Maybe we could work out another ss relay squad. Shoot me a pm.

grounded

Banned
Oilcan i can probly swing out and get them from you. Or give you a excuse to bring them clear up here. LOL!! i got to see if i still got the other stuff for you.

As far as gimpys i still have to go there one way or another hes hoarding my bounty ;). And i got some stuff to take to him as is. Either or i will try to work something out and if DRD is happy with it i will get the stuff and bring it with me.

GOT the new muffler in route, and still got to fix that wheel leak, change fluids, and wait on insurance to get OK'd on it then its ready for the trip. Hoping to be heading East by week of the 23rd or around the 27th.

Wanta do a road trip. rofl heck if your in a hurry get your 818 up here hook to my trailer and lets go ;)

oilcan

Oilcan i can probly swing out and get them from you. Or give you a excuse to bring them clear up here. LOL!! i got to see if i still got the other stuff for you.

As far as gimpys i still have to go there one way or another hes hoarding my bounty ;). And i got some stuff to take to him as is. Either or i will try to work something out and if DRD is happy with it i will get the stuff and bring it with me.

GOT the new muffler in route, and still got to fix that wheel leak, change fluids, and wait on insurance to get OK'd on it then its ready for the trip. Hoping to be heading East by week of the 23rd or around the 27th.

Wanta do a road trip. rofl heck if your in a hurry get your 818 up here hook to my trailer and lets go ;)
It'll be easier to bring the wheels back here if you consider the 2 hour round trip drive time compard to the 6 hours (+) it'd take to get to cinci and back.

Do you have a drop deck trailer up there? It'd take a little prep time to get an 817 ready to go on a flatbed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks