• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M105a2

mhb285

Hi all,
I got a M105a2 from GL on 12/14/05. http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=721384
The front caster assembly was cut off at the backing plate. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement? Or any other parts?
Also, While hauling it back from Barstow I pulled over at about 50 miles to check everything out. The brake drums were quite warm. No, the parking brakes were not in the locked position. I waited for them to cool. I then backed up about 10' and took off down the Cajon Pass (about 15 miles) and pulled over again to check everything out again. They were cool.. I towed it with my 2004 1500 Dodge, not my M35.
Did I fry my trailer brakes?
Thanks
Mike Bogner

Dieselsmoke

Mike, get ahold of Dave Walker of Walker Auto & Truck, he had some M105 landing legs. I'll dig up his # for ya.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With that 4 digit bumper #, and the location it was auctioned, I'd bet a case of beer it came from NTC, and was a drawyard trailer.. That means it was beat on, and check it over VERY carefully... You'd be amazed at what "field fixes" soldiers do to get the hell out of NTC and get the vehicles turned in... The good news is that they do get run alot, and should be decently maintained... And it got a paint job.. :)

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your brakes ought to be OK. A little heating when first moving is just the rust on the drums that forms when it sits for awhile. I've bought lots of trucks on the West coast and most of them had brake drag at first.

dg

mhb285

It looks like it is... No way to pay for it this soon after Christmas... Damm!
I also need the framework thats welded to the trailer...
Thanks.
Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks