• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic Ignition installation question

1965M151A1

UPDATE:

I received a copy of the instructions, the red and black condenser wires go on the left (positive side) of the coil, the green goes to the right (negative side) of the coil, the black wire from the module is ground and attached to the right side coil retaining clamp. I made sure to center the module inside the housing so that the key lines up and the wires are centered in the coil retaining clamp. Rapco includes a copy of the instructions with their units.

Thank you to all those that responded. I am back on the road now.

Does anyone know how to connect the wires on a three wire electronic ignition module? My old one finally gave out and it was the two wire (one red and one green) I received the replacement and it was the three wire version (one red, one green and one black). I am concerned about the black wire. I don't want to burn anything up.

Thank you, R:?:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks