• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can I post this? If so, where?

1310monster

I want to offer sandblasting service. I am a budding MVer but experienced sandblaster and painter and I'm looking for a way to help support my new addiction...that being army trucks..Let me know before I put it up somewhere and get sent to the corner again...LOL

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a Welding and Sandblasting forum, and also a Bodywork and Painting forum. A thread in one of those, might draw some interest.

We don't allow commercial advertising(bussiness) in the forums, but if your "just one of us", it's good to know who can do what.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waddya say 1310monster, about 3000 lbs (30 sacks) for an assembled truck? We are at $5.00 a sack down here, what's sand running you? I run about 6 sacks an hour, and that damn CARC paint does not blast off very fast.

I have no idea about a disassembled truck, I always lose count . . .

1310monster

Waddya say 1310monster, about 3000 lbs (30 sacks) for an assembled truck? We are at $5.00 a sack down here, what's sand running you? I run about 6 sacks an hour, and that damn CARC paint does not blast off very fast.

I have no idea about a disassembled truck, I always lose count . . .

I used to do that but now I blast inside a sealed room. All the media.....I mostly used black diamond media.....gets reused. With black slag, it actually gets better the more and more it is used. It finally becomes almost as fine as sugar. Really any media these days is too expensive to use only once. Normally I don't blast assembled vehicles. The sand will find some way to get in every nick and crevice and will be falling out 10 years later. I know it is done but I would not want to do it on any kind of quality restoration. Last time I bought silica, I think it was around $5 a bag but I don't think it was 100 pound bags...more like 50 pounds.

Capt.Marion

And I just load up very thoroughly dried and filtered play sand and blast away in my backyard.... with a respirator, mind you. Cancer once is more than enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks