• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lube Trailer TM & Model #'s

jasonjc

Here is a list of TM #'s I found on LOGSA to night. By model #
Hope this helps you all.

Gray model #250-530
TM5-4930-202-12
TM5-4930-202-35

Gray Model # 251-437
LO5-4930-206-12
TM5-4930-206-20P
TM5-4930-206-35P

Henry Spen Model 90
LO5-4930-207-12
TM5-4930-207-12
TM5-4930-207-34
TM5-4930-207-20P
TM5-4930-207-34P

Elliott Machine Model ENG-3
LO5-4930-217-12
TM5-4930-217-14
TM5-4930-217-20P
TM5-4930-217-34P

Elliott Machine Model ENGR-3A
LO5-4930-218-12
TM5-4930-218-14
TM5-4930-218-24P

LST178A-85
TM5-4930-233-14
TM5-4930-233-24P

PM92-133
LO5-4930-244-12
TM5-4930-244-14
TM5-4930-244-24P

Last edited:

aboonski

There's a data plate on mine which indicates the unit as an ENG-T3. I am wondering if this is the same as the ENG-3? I'll include an image of the data plate. Also found a sticker that indicates the price the military paid for the lube trailer ($23,852.00) but not sure if this is correct. Anyone have knowledge of the original cost of one of these large units?

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jasonjc,
I just bought an ENG-3 up in Sparta at Ft. McCoy. I don't have access to LOGSA, do you know of anywhere else the TM would be or could you possibly download them and e-mail them to me????

jasonjc

jasonjc,
I just bought an ENG-3 up in Sparta at Ft. McCoy. I don't have access to LOGSA, do you know of anywhere else the TM would be or could you possibly download them and e-mail them to me????

I would but I have slow dialup and it would take hours and hours. You should be able to get in too LOGSA. I see that it was down fridaynight till late saterday afternoon. Here (I hope) is a link that should take you right to the search page.
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...947a166a7-AAC5CA05-B7B3-9BA8-53AC26F43A2EDBFF

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not that I can't get into the site. I can't gain access to download the manuals because I'm not affiliated with the military, I can't fill out the system access request (SAR) to be able to download. Is there anybody out there with LOGSA access who can help out with these manuals, or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

jasonjc

You don't any of that for these manuals. And you don't need any military affiliation. As long as the manual you want is class "A" you can download it.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jasonjc said:
You don't any of that for these manuals. And you don't need any military affiliation. As long as the manual you want is class "A" you can download it.
Thanks, I went back into the site and tried again. Last night when I tried the search feature must have been really really slow, and made me think I couldn't get into them. I tried again after your post and now I have the manuals I need. Thanks again.

ricmase

lube trailer

hi , several yrs ago, i bought lube trailer ( GL listed it as WELDING TRAILER ). i have the SF-97 which has no vin , no make , model ..etc. i live in Hanover ,PA. which is near Gettysburg / York area. PENNDOT HAS this new enhanced inspection deal which is real pain in butt. my trailer is just bare , no lube unit. i had police officer sign off on PA. form that no vin or data plate. i assume bare weight is 3000 lbs.. what is gross weight ? for this trailer ? i saw in above posts some vin / data plates. my goal is to get Pa. title for future sale due to my back problems , i can't do heavy work anymore. i have 2 - m105a2 checker cab built in 1954 . and one m105a2 frame . all have the SF-97's. i guess what i am asking is for the bare / gross weights for the lube trailer WITHOUT the lube unit. auction listing had 1600 lbs. which seems real light . i enjoy looking at this site. have gained alot of knowledge. i also have alot of hummvee soft top roof bows . bought 4 pallets of them back in 2003. My purchases were all from Letterkenny or Mechanicsburg . A guy i know said get a STATE of MAINE title , anyone try this option ? i thank you for a great site , any or all replies , I THANK YOU ....RICK

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't PA still have a "homebuilt" clause for trailers? If they do you could get a title for it that way and not worry about the SF-97 and other stuff.

The guy who told you to get a Maine title might have an easier time than you do....once you get a valid title in another state it's much easier to just transfer it to a PA title.

Back to your original question though, it's going to depend on which model of lube trailer you have. The ENG-3 shows a total gross weight of the Lube unit and trailer at 5500 pounds, and the bare trailer at 2960 pounds (that's from the TM). I'll go outside a little later and get some more data off of the data plate of the trailer for you, but again, it depends on which model you have.

ricmase

listing # 250530620107 , this is on ebay currently. my trailer is like this style frame , except one tank instead of 2. i think they are from 1968-69 time period. .......... the "home built trailer " in PA , now requires this enhanced inspection. i was told cost would be over $300.00. its gov. eddie rendell 's way of keeping self made trailers from being made. want receipts for everthing. i went to AAA , to get some forms. had SF-97 with me. lady saw the aquisition value on sticker with papers i had. right away ...you'll have to pay 6% on $8300.00 . i said i paid tax ...6% on 235.00 . she went into hissy fit. this was a m105a2. so i plan on trip to Harrisburg with 4 - sf-97's and plenty of patience that day . i thought if i have copy of weight tag or manual specs. on bare weight . i can get police officer that verified no vin to sign that off. might help. probably not. ......Maine .....guy told me that he bought trailer with title , Maryland wouldn't accept PAPER that title was printed on. Maine did and no inspections needed. he got title , registrtaion and tags all in one letter. i know alot of Pa. trucking outfits have their trailers titled for Maine. anyway , i thank you for your reply. .....rick

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick,

I went out a while ago and looked at the tags on my trailer, which by the way is exactly what you are describing (the ENG-3), same trailer as the e-pay auction, but with one tank on the front.

The data plate on the trailer says 3000 pounds, and it's a 2 1/2 ton trailer. Now, from the limited exposure I've had with military trailers, the 2 1/2 ton part means it will carry 2 1/2 tons, so that makes a GVW of 8000 pounds (If I am wrong somebody please step up and correct me, I would hate to give false info). Also, the data plate on the lube portion of the unit has a GVW of 5680...I'm not sure if that is the lube unit and trailer or just the lube unit. Judging by an empty weight of the trailer at almost 3000 #, 2600 # sounds about right for the lube unit.

It's been a long time since I moved from PA, they were a lot more lax on the home build trailer restrictions back then. Here in Ohio, if the trailer weighs less than 4000 # you don't need a title, and it can be registered as home built and then if it goes to another state, you've got a clean registration to use. I hope this helps some.

ricmase

i thank you for the information. PA used to be easy to build trailers and title. 4 pictures signed by inspection garage and Pa. MV form.now its these Enhanced Inspections stations , several per county from state map. and made it real pain in butt. again i thank you for your time and effort . rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks