• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

texas rally anyone???

Pawnshop

....San Antonio area. It's beautiful and always something going on. It would be probably most central to everyone in the state. San Antonio doesn't have the traffic issues like Dallas, Austin, Houston, etc...

Travo

Have you been to San Antonio? It is one GIANT traffic issue, SA is the most frustrating city in Texas to navigate. Major streets that intersect major interstate highways with NO way to access the highway, major streets that dead end in neighborhoods, little or no signage and constant construction! Outside of the loop (which "loop", SA has two:!:) outside of the city, would be fine, but inside the loop(s) no way. If I did not have Professional Deuce Driver Rory C at the wheel my Deuce likely would have not made it out of SA unscathed!

I would rather drive in Laredo, and that is a bold statement!

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I stay north of 1604 except to go to Ft Sam.

San Antonio does have Fiesta (Six Flags), SeaWorld, the Alamo, etc so there would always be something for the folks not interested in the OD stuff but I'm not sure what we could do outside a Show/Swapmeet kind of thing.

reloader64

I'm for it, if it's close enough. It's a long drive from suburban NW Austin to Houston or Beaumont, especially in a noisy deuce, going 50 mph, and getting 10 mpg, if I'm lucky.:|

Scott

Astarr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian,
I would like to keep this thread alive, I think a Texas Rally would be a great opportunity to meet other MV owners in our neck of the woods. The East Coasters and Mid Westerners shouldn't be the only ones having fun, lol. The haspin rally looked like a lot of fun; I am originally from Indiana and wish I could have been there. If I could be of help let me know.

Adam

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thought..... Maybe incorporate a fund raiser for a veterans group as well?? Just thinking out loud.

I run a non-profit called VFMS - Veterans Fighting Multiple Sclerosis - in case you're looking for a charity. We're actually just getting under way (501c3 application, etc.) While this isn't as much in the headlines as the Wounded Warriors or Operation Homefront (both outstanding charities), there is a growing correlation between military vaccinations and the increase in the number of vets with MS.

The VFMS mission is to aid veterans or their immediate family members who have MS with assistance in paying for durable medical goods (wheelchairs, scooters, walkers), financial aid, or just peer counseling. Medicare and VA both will pay for an electric wheelchair but then won't pay for a homeramp or any way to transport the chair leaving the person homebound.

If not VFMS then my vote would go to Operation Homefront.

texas4wheeler

awesome idea adam, you dont know it adam but your top on my list of people to help with thing..lol. but your right that about keeping this alive , but both of us have the whole work thing getting in the way, but i was thinking that about doing dinner some place and discussing this with who ever would like to meet up and get some of this on paper. what you think?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in. I'd be willing to go to central texas somewhere. Hopefully in the fall. Being cooler shure would make the MV ride nicer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks