• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

texas rally anyone???

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Alamo MVPA does the Monster Truck Show every year at the Alamo Dome. This might be a good venue for show/shine, swap meet, pulling contest, etc. It's either in January or February so would be cool enough that a long drive in a deuce wouldn't be too bad.

texas4wheeler

just an idea but , what about winnie trade days, the weekend before veterans day, alot of space ,plenty of food , a ton of things to do, restrooms, etc

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's great for all of you guys in Houston but there's an awful lot of miles for anyone else in the state to get to it.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winnie is only 22 miles from the beach at High Island - worth a convoy to where you can drive on the sand and let the kiddies play in the surf.

kc5mzd

There is a mudfest every 6 months here in San Antonio. San Antonio is also a very tolerant military town. I drive a Deuce everywhere and have never had any trouble with SAPD. I live on the south east side and there is never to much traffic. You would just wan't to avoid loop 410 on the north side during rush hour. Everyone wants me to take a duece to mudfest. I think it would make a good overnight stop. There is also alot of land for camping out here.
I would rather have it in the fall / winter. ITS TOO HOT NOW!!!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was 107* on the farm yesterday, rain is a distant memory, my pond is just a dried up depression in the ground, and yet I got bitten by a solitary mozzie..... Where do they come from?? They can be bad out there of an evening.

Funny thing is they seem to be very localized. I have never seen one in Austin, Round Rock or Pflugerville (it's on the northeast edge of Austin) but been run out of the shop in Hutto (a few miles north of P'ville, east of R. Rock) by them at night.

But I used to live in Corpus Christi....

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks