• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 bolt hubs for Deuce

wehring

Any interest in some 10 bolt hubs for the deuce?? Will allow the use of standard HEMTT and 5 ton wheels w/o the need for adapters.

Justin
979 997 3112

wehring

Ouverson Engineering

I just talked with Randy at Ouverson. He has a Wicked 6 alloy hub that he builds. He is going to modify his program (minimal effort) and build a set of 10 bolt hubs for me to test the market for this product.

He has not seen the demand for 5ton wheels being adapted to the deuce.

I am not making any money from this... just trying to network other options for our SS members.

Justin

Numbers

Can he keep them under, at, or real close to his price for the Wicked Six ?

Certainly sounds like a decent idea. More options with the 10 lug than the 6 lug. Alloy hubs certainly takes the weight down quite a bit.

Jakob

I was actually looking around the net for this a week or so ago. For ANYONE who made 10-lug hub conversions, all I found were a few for 8-lug pickups. Anyone that made adapters would have to charge a fortune, not to mention that you'd have to run adapters. I'd be seriously interested, then I could consider running Alcoa's :p

Alredneck

Banned
If the price was right, it would be a great way of getting into some combat rims on the duece or moving up to a more heavy duty bigger rim. Also ability to run commercial tires for longer tread life. Sounds interesting, but would like more info, like cost of a set and warranty, any type of mods need to my axles to make them work. Stuff like that.

wehring

adapter plates

I too was looking for data on adapting to 10 bolt and found Chuck's Trucks. They make adapter plates but they want $2K for them!

This will be a "correct" way to put 10 bolt wheels (even commercial alcoa) on your deuce.

Justin

wehring

No modifications needed

Straight bolt on replacement. Hubs in or out on rear just like originals. The only difference between the stock and Ouverson is going to be the 10 bolt pattern instead of a 6 bolt.

There are other differences ( material, weight, etc etc) but they are of no concern to our application.

Justin

Jakob

the wicked 6 are $475 per pair?
I couldn't find anything that said if that was each, or a pair. If that's each, it's pretty steep. If that's a pair, then that a pretty fair price IMO. I expect the price to be a little bit more being as there's 4 more lugs on the hub.

avengeusa

I had thought of machining new hubs as well, i chose instead to make up a p[late to adapt the hemtt wheels to the deuce.... i will have the first 6 done in the am i think, they will be cool, but it is not a simple as a hub, i had to machine the centers out of the wheels to get it all right.....

a hub would be a nice idea

avengeusa

actually, it would be cool if someone could adapt a 5 ton hub to the deuce, it is most times easier to build something via modification of an existing part than to start from ground up.....

I wish i had a 5 ton hub....:-D

avengeusa

I think that this is a great idea. Let me know how much they end up costing.

Also....it MIGHT make more sense just to put 5 ton axles under a deuce. 2cents
I have thought about 5 ton axles, but prices are a lot higher than doing the wheel work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks