• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 bolt hubs for Deuce

jesusgatos

I'm not planning on making any hubs., there's just been some discussion of hubs and wheel adapters in this thread. Personally, I'd lean towards modifying wheels to work with the Deuce lug pattern (like the ones that CCE is selling). That's partly because I'd need hubs for my M353 trailer too though. I wonder if those are the same as the trucks? Hmmm.

jesusgatos

The only thing about 10-lug wheels that appeals to me is that I would have more options when it comes to wheels. But even if I had my choice, I don't think there are any wheels I would rather have than a nice set of bead-locked two-piece military rims. Modified, A3, canadian, etc...

jesusgatos

I see you're in Costa Rica. I'm planning to do some extensive traveling in Mah Deuce too. Parts availability is something that I've given a lot of consideration to, and I'm sure it would be much easier to get regular 10-lug wheels anywhere outside of the US (hell, even in the US). But if I blow-up two of these wheels (I'll carry at least one spare), I've probably got bigger problems.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never buggered a rim that could not be beat back out, so I don't plan to replace any. I think a good rule of thumb for traveling through the "developing" world is: 2 spare tire/wheel assemblies, 2 spare tires, an on-board compressor, tire changing tools, 2 1/2 pound sledge, tubes and vulcanizing patch kits.

Rick

Junglemist

I see you're in Costa Rica. I'm planning to do some extensive traveling in Mah Deuce too. Parts availability is something that I've given a lot of consideration to, and I'm sure it would be much easier to get regular 10-lug wheels anywhere outside of the US (hell, even in the US). But if I blow-up two of these wheels (I'll carry at least one spare), I've probably got bigger problems.

I had major issues trying to find 20" 10-lug split rims in Belize. I don't know about other Central American countries but standard tubeless rims in normal semi-truck sizes is about all that can usually be found here.

Definitely have 2 spares! I have blown both front tires at once. At least I wasn't running singles at the time.

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will have the first adapter plate done today. We will test fit it onto a wheel and then attach that toan axle to see if any modifications need to be made and then I am off to the races. I will post pictures of the completed plates. This was a more involved project that I had imagined but we wanted the same exact lug bevel specifications to ensure a snug fit.

Trying to change hubs is not cost effective. It would be cheaper to buy a 818 and put on a deuce bed, HEMTT wheels and 1400's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks