• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where did all the M35A3's go?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this thread and thought of offering my M35A3 for sale and then got cold feet because I do not want to lose my a$$ on it. I have over $11K in it. However, a truck-related repair bill necessitates my selling this truck. Here are the details:

*$8,100 (price)
*$810 (10% bidder's fee)
*$779.63 (8.75% sales tax)
*$1,200 (shipping)
*$250 (batteries)
*$50 (bows for the cab)
*$100 (fiberglass troop seats)

I have over $11,100 in the truck. I hate to do this, but I gotta come up with some money for my HEMTT project. People say this all the time, but my loss is truly going to be someone else's gain. I will take the first $9,500 that is in my hands. A similar M35A3 at Ft. Meade just brought $8,500 plus the 10% bidder's fee plus tax. You can do the math and see that the person who bought that truck paid more than I am asking BEFORE he got the truck off of the lot.

Here are the details about my truck. I can provide a new cargo cover and new bows for $500 extra. They are actually on the truck at this time, but they DO NOT go with the truck unless you want to pay extra $$$. The truck runs/stops/drives very well. There is no rot, but the truck has some surface rust, mainly on the driver's bed side and a bit on the hood. The rest of the truck is straight and clean. The tires are probably 75% or better. I replaced the wooden racks with fiberglass racks (the seats are fiberglass, the back rest is wood). The tach stopped working two months ago. There are two wheel seal leaks. I will fix them for extra $$$, but you are better off handling this yourself. Replacing a couple of wheel seals is no huge job. In any case, please let me know ASAP if you are interested.

Attachments

GoldComet6

When I was at the GL lot in Warner Robins last week, there were a lot of M35A3s - but most were tagged "FMS Freeze". The signs said for "El Salvador". The dates on the signs were September 2008, so maybe they will not be sent? Or does it take THAT long?

Also saw M35A2s for El Salvador and Morocco.

6x6guy

Yes unfortunately, I seen specialized vehicles at Great Lakes in limbo for over a year, I asked the GL rep what the story was and he stated it was going to Israel- and waiting for transportation to the east coast. :|

chill63

There were about 8 or so M35A3's at Cape Canaveral DRMO when I was out there inspecting a CUCV a couple weeks ago. The GL rep said they were all going to FMS. I believe the DRMO guy said all of the trucks came out of Ft. Rucker.

EdMontana

If you have a good A3, keep it!.....they are in very small numbers compared to the A2's and all good A3's will meet another country, you will see some here and there and most will be with problems...reason why not exported.

Last one I got, I found a freeze tag under the seat...it was going to Bolivia and I don't know what happen but it is mine now, truck is perrrrfect.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My A3 is gone! I agree on the scarcity of the A3s. This may actual hurt parts availability as A3-specific parts are like hen's teeth.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost all of the A3's, as well as some M931 5-ton tractors, and M820 expandable van 5-tons at Camp Shelby are tagged for Morocco. Somewhere between 25-40 vehicles based on a quick drive through. I had been waiting for months for the M820 to get to GL, but that won't happen now.:cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks