• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My CUCV spin on fuel filter mod

v8jeeptj

Yeah I already got the filer but will not be near it till this weekend. I will shoot you the model this weekend and let me know what you think.

tomc

Did you put one on your M1010? If so I would appreciate any information on the parts from GM so that I can put it on mine. Think that it would be much cheaper and easier to get.

Tom in TN

jongainey

I was looking to this to my Truck. Thanks for all the Pics and sharing of the part numbers. It just sucks that I dont Have a NAPA close by. All these other yahoo parts stores never have anything!

Fleg

Hey guys, trying to do some research before purchasing and I can't find any info on this guy. My local walmart doesn't carry the kit that everyone is apparently purchasing but they do carry this kit. It's a Attwood marine fuel/water separator. Price was around $28. How will this work for a CUCV?

Fuel/Water Separator & Canister

fuzzpuss

Since I got my 1009 in August of last year I have yet to see any problems with the box filter setup and like someone had pointed out to me on here " if it ain't broke why change it yet" and it hasn't. I was going to do the doghead mod and thats when I got told that and to date my baby has not given me one issue in that area. Now with that being said I will be the first to change these things as they fail, but don't touch until then[thumbzup]

Jerchambers

Spin on Filter

Why didn't you just put 1/2" to 3/8" and 1/2" to 1/4" from the mount to the hose and using 3/8" barb splice and a 1/4" barb splice. Rather than building a barb splice to adapt? Like this...

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks