• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 bolt hubs

Tanglewood16137

Looking to see if there is any interest in 10 bolt hubs to fit a deuce made of good steel would it need smaller lug studs to match front or use big ones so you can use existing hex nuts off old duals. Were hoping to be alot lower than a wicked six made of aluminum. need to know interest before i go to far with it. This way you can just mount hemmtt wheels right on truck no altering rims

Rod

dm22630

The front & rear studs on a deuce/5ton are identical.

What you need to do in order to use the 2 piece hemtt rims is put a budcap on the stud, mount the wheel, then use the rear lugs to hold the rim on the budcap.

Tanglewood16137

what i was pointing toward is using the bigger lug studs like ones on commercial trucks so all you would nee is your outer hex nut so you would just need the 10 for each side up front

Rod

dm22630

Ahhh...that would work fine.....I was going to switch mine out w/longer ones when I flipped my hubs, but the $7/each price tag on new studs added up to be almost $500.

If you are going to be making hubs & selling w/studs installed.....go w/the longer ones. BUT....you can save $70/hub if you sell them without.

2cents

ETHOS

this is a very good idea, it would be an expensive venture unless someone made a whole bunch of them to drive the per part cost down, i know someone working on the same thing, he has big expensive machines for doing that sort of thing

Defendr200

The front & rear studs on a deuce/5ton are identical.

What you need to do in order to use the 2 piece hemtt rims is put a budcap on the stud, mount the wheel, then use the rear lugs to hold the rim on the budcap.
So what you're saying is it is possible to use regular hemmt rims on a stock deuce just turning the rims around in the back so that they track right? Also what are budcaps I am new to this whole thing.

ETHOS

the deuce has a 6 bolt pattern, the hemmt wheels have a 10 bolt pattern, not interchangable, you either make 10 bolt hubs, or modify the wheels

eldgenb

I think there will be a lot of interest based on what the pricing comes in at. I know that it would have to come in at or around $300 per side to make it cost effective instead of modding your own or buying pre modded wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks