• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce door windows

nnero

How do you remove the door glass? One of the regulators is unhooked and spun around the wrong way. It is pushing against the glass. If the glass is out we can flip the reguloter around. We dont use the window for fear of scratching it, though it already is a little. And its getting cold out.

GoHot229

As I posted earlier, mine does the same thing, for the life of me, I cant see the hangup point, but when it does it (intermitantly) I open the door and grab the top of the window back at the handle and giggel it while turning the crank and it works, it goes all the way down.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold a m109 a year ago, and as I was taking it to the buyer, I rolled the driver window down and it stopped- it used to be the smoothest window I've every had. So I put a little pressure on the handle and CRACK ruined the glass. I had to take the one out of my truck and give it to the buyer.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is 2 clips that hold the regulator arms on. Pop those off and then there is a "stopper" that needs to be unscrewed. It is in-line with one of the regulators. Finally, there is another stopper that stops the window from going too far up. It has 2 screws. Once you get all that un-done, you pull the rollers out of the window track and lift up.

Edit, this is what the clip looks like:
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/wirecl75.html

gimpyrobb

For a Deuce M35a2? That would be great#@! But its for the passenger side. Will that still work?
You would have to take off the bottom track and swap it from your original window to the new one. There are left tracks and right tracks. Swapping them sounds easy, but you'll be lucky to get it done in an hour, probably 2.

olly69

the 4 screws you are talking about can be seen by removing the panel on the bottom of the door, right. it seems like that can be done. I'm at work now, and won't be home til after 5:00 pm. But I think I can do that much. I don't have the window out yet, its broken & I don't want to move it too much until I have a replacement. I am very new to this Deuce scene, but am excited to get workin' on her!

gimpyrobb

No, I don't think you will be able to see them till you have the window out. Should be 2 at the bottom right and left. They are on opposite sides of the glass though.

olly69

I just wanted to give an update on the window replacement. After buying the replacement glass online from tnjmurray.com, I finally took the old window out & disassembled it, and reassembled it! Success! The clips are the hardest part of the whole process, you need a mirror & a flashlight to see the direction of the slot on the clip. Then it is easy to remove. Thanks all for your help!

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone recommend anything to lubricate the channels the glass rides in? Installed NOS doors complete with windows etc. and it is very hard to roll up the windows. Had to pull them up a bit at a time and work the crank.
Have not gone inside them yet to look for trouble but I didn't expect to have any honestly. Both doors came with the window rolled down and both were hard to roll up. Have NOT tried to roll them down yet either. Was focused on getting them on the truck which was already a PITA.

Any other tips are appreciated. Will open up the covers on the weekend and look at lubricating/greasing the areas mentioned earlier in this post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks