• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROLL CALL: San Angelo, TX, and/or nearby?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings from a New Guy in San Angelo!

I've searched the SSMembership and have found only 3 of us out here... 90 miles from the nearest Interstate Highway!

Are there others nearby, or who simply don't have "San Angelo" in your Profile(s)??

Would like to Muster a local Roster of MV enthusiasts.....

Shout if you're out there!!!

John

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been two months since this thread was originated....

Just shouting out again to see if anyone nearby is listening near San Angelo Texas:!:

(150-200 mile radius works for "nearby" out here!)

Abilene, TX
Brownwood, TX
Lubbock, TX
Midland/Odessa, TX
Hobbs, NM
Del Rio, TX
Is anybody out there?????

LOWGEAR

SAN ANGELO........People really live out there ? Last time I past through there they rolled up the sidewalks at sundown.:razz: Just rattling you chain. :wink:

Barrman

Cast your net a little wider and you will hit a bunch of us. I know of another member here with a M35a2 who grew up within whistler hearing range of the Lowiky (spelling) steak house right on the river. His parents still live there.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the input. Lowake (pronounced: Low-WAY-key) is just a stone's throw away!

Yes they do still roll up the sidewalks downtown at 6pm, except on the third Thursday monthly when the artisans sponsor an "Art Walk" featuring local galleries and the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts. - When were you last here?

I know of the MVers along the I-35 corridor - San Antonio, Austin, DFW, Denton - but would like to find a core group of MV enthusiasts near enough for a possible MVPA Chapter or at least an occassional mini-rally, etc.

I may be blazing a fresh trail here. I'm hoping to gain momentum once my first MV arrives and is put on the road and on display. There are ample opportunities for military/veteran exposure, and we still have a very active Goodfellow Air Force Base on the east side of town.

"Forward March!!!!"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks