• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDN M135 Cummins Swap ?!

Captain Crunch

Hey Everyone. I have a 1952 CDN M135. It has a 302 GMC I-6 engine w/an 8 speed auto trans. I would like to convert it to a 5.9 Dodge Cummings Diesel and retain the origional transmission. Also I would really like to have power steering. Looking for as much info as possible. ( What fits, what doesn't, tips, parts lists, etc )
Any and all info would be much appreciated.
Thanks. Greg Horne, Enfield, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Last edited:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bear in mind that the transfer case does not have a high/low. High/low was done by the big cone clutch unit at the rear of the transmission, not in the transfer case.
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks