• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NATO Slave plug cover

Midnight Rider

Does anyone have or know where to get the cover for the slave plug in the front of the 1009?

I've looked on Ebay, but didn't really find that. I did find the slave cable, but I don't need that right now.

I was thinking if I were to wire in another slave plug just to the front battery, then take a slave cable and replace one end with regular jumper cable ends, I would then have a way to jump start 12V vehicles without opening the hood. I don't really want to replace or redo the 24V one encase I ever get another MV. Has anyone done this before? Where can you buy those slave plugs at?

Thanks,

ralbelt

I noticed that the inside of my slave port was turning green from the salt on the roads. I cleaned it out and applied a liberal amount or dielectric grease inside it and found a soft vinyl cap around the shop from the front wheel hub off a lawn tractor. Fits on nice and snug.

tim292stro

Look at Anderson Power Products plugs for doing 12v jumping.

I warn people agaist taking a standard plug in the original application and retasking it for something unexpected, one day you may need a jump and some well meaning MV owner may plug into your slave port before you realize it, and blow up your 12v battery.

Check these out...

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

I warn people agaist taking a standard plug in the original application and retasking it for something unexpected, one day you may need a jump and some well meaning MV owner may plug into your slave port before you realize it, and blow up your 12v battery.

What he said!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks