• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First REAL Deuce Problem.

rivired

my truck was always a good runner and still is..and since getting it i have pretty much restored the entire thing and bobbd it.

However i never got to drive it much before i tore into it..

Anyways heres the issue...

Once up to a mild temperature...this HORRID squealing just "CLICKS ON" under the hood..coming from around the alternator/water pump side..its NOT the belts cuz i sprayed them down with oil just to test it.. and it made no effect..the tension is proper and they are in good shape.

The strange thing is ....the noise doesnt really seem to be RPM related..its the same level and sound at idle as it is when the throttle is pullled to bout 1600 RPM the pitch never changes

Just this horrid constant REEREEREEREEREEREE
it doesnt go away either till the truck is shut off and cools for a long period..

Any help and info will be appreciated!!

scrapman

When it is making the noise shut the truck off to see if it is an air leak. If it quits at shut down that eliminates that as the problem. Next step is to isolatethe sound you have generalized where it may be. Take a length of heater/garden hose using it as a stethoscope, place one end to your ear & use the other end to explore the area where the sound is coming from. The closer you get the louder the sound is.

50shooter

"..it doesnt go away either till the truck is shut off and cools for a long period.."

If the sound doesn't stop even after the truck is off it would almost have to be pressure of some type, i.e air, water, oil coming from some small oriface. I would try shutting it down and jumping out and drain both air tanks under the truck and see if the sound tapers off as the air does. If so it is air related.

Good luck and please send an update once you find it so we all know.

rivired

THANKS GUYS FOR THE INPUT...it was the gen.

It has a bad bearing or somthing else is wrong..it gets hot then screams...and plus my voltage is 36 volts when engine is running so what ussually needs to be done to these to fix that?

Can an alternator shop rejuvenate it?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Under the allen head screw is the adjuster. It is not co-operating right now. Will try again in a few mins.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured he took that picture right after he hit himself in the nose with a wrench.

scrapman

Yes a REAL alternator/starter rebuilder shop can handle this just locate one that does big truck/industrial stuff. Also look here in the classifieds. Avengeusa has a kit to convert to a late model style alternator that has more amperage, is lighter and more compact in size at a reasonable price. Several members on here have used it with no complaints.

whyme

sorry to brig this back from the dead but im having a similar issue however rather than the squealing occuring at temp it only seems to do it for about 5-10 min when i first start the truck. if i watch the voltage it will spike and then i will hear it squeal, shutting off the acessory switch will stop the squealing. at that point i let it run for a while and im good to go. i suspect bearing but i didnt know if perhaps i had a faulty reulator.

Dan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks