• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know what ever happened to the old military firetruck they bought out of a salvage yard, as I never saw them touch it. We did see it parked in one epsode behind some other truck, hidden in the background. End of story??
The firetruck is the same truck in the show. I got the firebed from it.

The truck has been sold and like is said above, it's for sale right now.

13thArmy

Thanks for the link Mike. Unfortunatly I can not watch the last episode here in Europe. Sure was fun watching the first 2 vides though!:)

Section8

I can't seem to be able to watch the clips. Waaaa! I have been wanting to watch them for so long.
Hey Ian! If your still checking this thread, come and get mine!! A 1956 M135. I am hoping to put a cummins 12v in it and make it a four door with disc brakes. And chop the top 4 to 6 inches.
Any way does any one know if it is on youtube?? I can't find the clips and powerblocks site doesn't seem to have it any more. I keep getting and error message.

Bobert

IMAG2128.jpg

Just spotted this truck in Grand Island, Nebraska with Nebraska plates. Looked like it might have been broken down. It was parked off to the side at Walmart. Looks cool in person.

jsthnt@gmail.com

It wasn't broke per say. I changed the timing to the to the turbo setting and was taking it for a trial run. That is just the spot that I always park when I go to Wally world. What Brought you to Grand Island, Ne.? The timing adjustment did not help as I had hoped or I just might have not done it right. General Granite is really doggy after I adjusted the timing. I hope it is because it was so cold today and I have all sorts of black gold in the tank. I wish I had been out side when you were there. I always like talking to other steel soldiers, there just isn't enough of them in central Nebraska.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How is the that suspension holding up? any complaints? How many miles have you put on it? Very cool truck. Glad it went to a member here.

jsthnt@gmail.com

The suspension is holding up fine. The compressors did not have a big enough holding tank to lift the truck with a load, so I removed the compressors an added that tank to the tanks that the truck came with. I also removed the electric ride height adjustment as the self levelers were not hooked up and eventual that caused problems. So I used a manual shut off. The only real problem that I have had is the bolts on the axles tend to loosen up. I will have to look at the gps to see about how many miles I have put on it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always wondered why they went to the trouble and expense of adding the air ride compressor when the truck already had a factory air compressor.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always wondered why they went to the trouble and expense of adding the air ride compressor when the truck already had a factory air compressor.
They added so the new equipment wouldn't use the brake systems and cause an addional load on that system. Would hate to lose you brakes due to an issue with the new systems.

They explained this in the show to answer questions posed by this group.

jsthnt@gmail.com

The ball joints seem to be holding up fine. I do not think that I am taxing the old system any more than when you dump the air when you are done driving for the day. I have a manual lever behind the seat that I use to inflate and deflate the bags. The only real difference is that now my brakes have more air to use.

Bobert

It wasn't broke per say. I changed the timing to the to the turbo setting and was taking it for a trial run. That is just the spot that I always park when I go to Wally world. What Brought you to Grand Island, Ne.? The timing adjustment did not help as I had hoped or I just might have not done it right. General Granite is really doggy after I adjusted the timing. I hope it is because it was so cold and I have all sorts of black gold in the tank. I wish I had been out side when you were there. I always like talking to other steel soldiers, there just isn't enough of them in central Nebrascamp /QUOTE]

We were in town for the zombie 3 gun event. I saw something camo across the parking lot and had to check it out. We recognized it right away.

Glad to see it still on the road. We might bring something camo out next year.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That and when the sponsors donate something they like to see it installed.

;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks