• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just watching an episode of Xtreme 4X4. At the end they showed a "sneak peak" of an upcomming project for just a second. It was a deuce with what looked like some sort of utility bed on it. They just showed one seen for just a second so I couldn't get a real good look at it. Wonder what they have in mind? I bet they bob it. Should be worth watching :-D.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonjc

They better not chop that truck up! It looked to be an almost complete 530C fire truck. There are plenty of other trucks out there to chop up. And another thing they need to get Jessi back!

Rattlewagon

I saw it too. It looked like some sort of contact body.

I can only imagine what they have planned for it. Whatever they do with it, I fear that some idiot with more money than brains will try to duplicate the result without seeking the proper knowledge and will kill themselves or worse, somone else and it will generate undesired publicity for our trucks and hobby...

I hope Ian stress's the importance of understanding that these trucks weigh more than 6 tons and are not to be taken lightly instead of just saying "buy one of these and you will be the master of all trails!!!".

I bet they do but then again, I am positive about my negativity...

who knows, maybe it will be an awsome truck and everyone will be in awe!

of course that will probably only serve to drive the prices up on GL...

whoops, there I go again...

dan

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They better not chop that truck up! It looked to be an almost complete 530C fire truck. There are plenty of other trucks out there to chop up. And another thing they need to get Jessi back!
I wondered if that was what it was but I didn't get a real good look at it. I guarantee you they are going to chop it up. It's not called Extreme 4X4 for nothing. I'll bet $50 they bob it.

They film not far from me (right ouside of Nashville).

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M16ty can you go raid there dumpster for me, I need parts for my fire truck??:razz:
From the pic in your avatar you need several parts :-D.

I wonder if someone could contact the show and see if they would trade it for a plain old M35A2?

coolnick73

I just started watching the show for about half a year now. I have often though it would be neat to see what they would do with a deuce give that most people don't have a truck load of money to spend on customization.

I wonder if this will make the prices of deuces to go up.

BugEyeBear

It was at the VERY END of the episode titled "Towing 101" ( Episode: XT2009-18 )

This episode will replay at 12:30pm on Sunday 19July.

(I don't remember any mention of an upcoming project... I thought they were just using it to demonstrate a HEAVY trailering load...)

-Bear-

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(I don't remember any mention of an upcoming project... I thought they were just using it to demonstrate a HEAVY trailering load...)

-Bear-
I could have sworn he mentioned towing their new project. I think I'll try and catch it again tomorrow to make sure. It kind of caught me off guard because a deuce was the last thing I expected to see.

jayjetseck

he did say it was going to be an upcoming project, hince trying to come up with a name ..i also hope they dont cut up that truck when there other basic ones to have!!! how can that be an extreme 4x4 without a cage?, maybe the put one in... bring back jesse... she made that show bending and twisting while covered in grease and now some old green steel , how much more would you need....

BugEyeBear

I've gotta admit, I was focusing all of my limited brain power on looking at the Deuce rather than listening to what was being said. (My EX-wife would say that this is typical of me...)

Gonna have to tune in for the last 5-minutes again today to see & HEAR what I might have missed...

-Bear-

BugEyeBear

OK, I watched again today...

When they showed the Deuce on the trailer they DID say that they are thinking BIG next year on Extreme! They also suggested project names like "Private Pebble", "General Gravel", or "Corporal Stone".

I'm looking forward to seeing THAT project!!

-Bear-

Wrench Wench

PowerblockTV
Xtreme 4X4 - Homepage | PowerblockTV

I remember a while back, Ian did a complete teardown and rebuild of a Rockwell 5 Ton axle set in the episode for t he S-10 Truggy part III: Xtreme 4x4 - Episodes | PowerblockTV

I doubt Jessi's coming back. She's moving on. She's attending Lincoln ATM. After her back injury, she never really came back to the show 100% and having her just be eyecandy and doing table demonstrations and voice over explanation would have eaten at her. I really miss her. She made all of us Wrench Wenches look good.

Jessi Combs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the story

I too want to see what Ian's gonna do with a big military 6x6, but it also fills me with dread.

Pvt. Paarts
Cpl. Punishment
Capt. Planet
Sgt. Slaughter
Maj. Payne
Col. Sanders
Gen. Mayhem
Pres. Obama

All ridiculous names. :wink::roll:

Last edited:

BugEyeBear

The 3 names they suggested on the show ("Private Pebble", "General Gravel", or "Corporal Stone") all seem to suggest that this project will have something to do with ROCKS.

I'm guessing it will be an oversized Rock-Crawler!
& I'd be willing to bet that it will be a Bobbed Deuce, but we WILL have to just wait & see.....

I've noticed a recent trend on these car tech shows to focus more on Budget Builds. (I suspect that this is in response to the current economy, & the fact that many viewers simply don't have as much "play money" these days.)
This seems appropriate for a Deuce build because you really can't buy a more rugged starting truck for your buck!!

(I know that MANY of you will probably object to a Bobbed Deuce project, but let's just wait & see before we get all wound up......) :stir pot: MAYBE there will be a hint/tip or two that will be usable for ALL of our 2.5s!

-Bear-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks