• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010 - No more DUVAC!!

bluesteel

I need to test the top 24 volt alt before I remove it. It looks to be in better shape than the bottom one. If its working I'd like to swap it out with the bottom one. Is there a easy way to do this?

Jbrise

can I just use the bottom alt to charge back battery and supply power to the sure power witch will then charge both batteries instead of using both alts. or is there a reason to use both alts

lavarok

can I just use the bottom alt to charge back battery and supply power to the sure power witch will then charge both batteries instead of using both alts. or is there a reason to use both alts
I think your mixed up about how its supposed to work. If your truck has stock alts, they are 24v. The 24v alt(s) will charge both batteries at the same time in a series. The battery equalizer is used to supply a stable 12v power source for the 12v systems of the truck. 12v source is also tapped from the front battery.

Depending on your specific need for 24v power will determine if you need one or both 24v alternators. It will also determine if the second solution presented in this thread will work for you. If you dont have the 24v lighting and AC working in your unit, then you most likely dont need both 24v alternators. In which case, you can choose to do 1 24v alt + bat equalizer or 1 24v alt + 1 12v alt.

In either case, study the wiring diagrams so you dont wire it wrong.

Jbrise

Thank you very much, I actually do not have AC or 24 volt lights. I'm going to go with the one alternator and battery equalizer. I'll let you know how it goes. This is the first time I've used the group and I just joined also. I think this place is a gold mine of information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks