• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To all Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westech

CPL
This is a suggestion to all members.

I guess I am old school but I am starting to see many members with Avatars that might not be that appropriate for a MILITARY VEHICLE web site. I know we all are working hard to keep this site on track and not stray in to other areas of the universe like so many other web sites and forums.
I for one really enjoy this site because it is a "on" topic place. I belong to other off road sites and I see way too often a topic start out talking about a engine replacement and ending with " I like long walks on the beach and teddy bears....."
Lets try to keep on topic and keep everything on the right road.

My 2 cents

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
What EXACTLY does the Avatar have to do with the post a feller makes?
Yes...this is an MV site...meant to talk about MV subjects...but is there a cookie cutter Avatar pic we should subscribe to?
NO THANK YOU SIR!!
I've done my time and agree to the posting rules of a very well diciplined site and am proud to be a part of it.
Should I have my Avatar show me stuck in a mud hole that I should never have tried to negotiate?
Maybe it's just an age and experience thing but...who knows?

BTW I do love bears...teddy bears,,,puppies etc:

Attachments

I thought it was "old dogs and watermellon wine". This is a MV site, but there is a social aspect to it. Some posts don't interest me, but I just move on. At times a post may be related to an earlier topic, if you did not read the first post, the continuation does not make sense.
I don't feel a reminder to stay on topic is a bad thing, what can it hurt.

3dubs

I may be old school but I put talking about avitars with long walks on the beach and teddy bears. Keep your teddy bears and beaches on your avitar and it is cool with me. The thread about a Suburban was ok but the avitar? I guess we all have our thing and the cool thing is that we can all vent it out right here. But the other cool thing is that I am out now and do not have to listen unless I want to. But I reserve the right to make fun of your silly avitar. I mean a panda what is up with that? If it reflects your personality then it is cool. If you prefer a uniform then that is cool too.

bassetdeuce

Avatars are just a touch of our own personality. Much like the "art" we put on our Gov't issued gear when we were/are out in the field. The gun trucks in 'Nam are prime examples.
I have to change mine then, I hope I don't have the personality of a GL lot. :shock: One of these days I MUST have my BASSET and DEUCE in an updated avatar.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
3dubs...
I think the panda does kinda reflect my personality. 20yrs, 8mos, 10days and about 4hrs in the army...all Infantry...all agressive related stuff.
Now I've been out of the military for about 17 years..so I feel kinda like the Panda Bear looks.
Eat...drink and be happy and leave me alone...or I will flop my fat @ss on you and hurt you!!!
No harm...no foul intended.

goldneagle

What EXACTLY does the Avatar have to do with the post a feller makes?
Yes...this is an MV site...meant to talk about MV subjects...but is there a cookie cutter Avatar pic we should subscribe to?
NO THANK YOU SIR!!
I've done my time and agree to the posting rules of a very well diciplined site and am proud to be a part of it.
Should I have my Avatar show me stuck in a mud hole that I should never have tried to negotiate?
Maybe it's just an age and experience thing but...who knows?

BTW I do love bears...teddy bears,,,puppies etc:
Don't let him kid you! He loves COOKIES and PIE!! oh ye PICNIC BASKETS!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thank you for your support Gunboy1656...if the Avatars support each other...this site will never be defeated...unless we do stupid chit...like sinking a truck in a place where we know we shouldn't go.
Or if we ride the system and defeat the Army's intended purpose...to deploy when needed...only those who do will understand or be offended by this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks