• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To all Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SasquatchSanta

This is a suggestion to all members.

I guess I am old school but I am starting to see many members with Avatars that might not be that appropriate for a MILITARY VEHICLE web site. I know we all are working hard to keep this site on track and not stray in to other areas of the universe like so many other web sites and forums.
I for one really enjoy this site because it is a "on" topic place. I belong to other off road sites and I see way too often a topic start out talking about a engine replacement and ending with " I like long walks on the beach and teddy bears....."
Lets try to keep on topic and keep everything on the right road.

My 2 cents
Westy, in your post you said "I belong to other off road sites" almost as if you are automatically associating SS as an off-road site. Perhaps you are not but if you are I consider that to be a reach. I personally don't care for mud and I don't consider SS an offroad site anymore than I consider it a gun site and yet we've got guys posing with some pretty heavy firepower (forget about the walks on the beack) in their avatars. For the sake of following your possible rationale what does a picture of someone axle deep in mud or posing with a weapon have to do with trucks? This isn't intended as criticism but it is someting to consider. I personally don't see the connection. Dependng on our leanings, we members obviously see this site in a different prospective. It's also obvious that one prospective doesn't fit all. Just spit-balling.

3dubs

Well the rank thing, I only care about the pay. Since it doubles my pay with each rank I was excited. the I realized the the base pay was nothing and doubling that gets me nothing:deadhorse:

I just have the GL pic on my avitar. How cheesy. I guess I need a new one.:roll:

Green_gator

From his avatar we all now know that Joe is 10' tall, made of bronze and hangs out on the top of buildings. I can not criticize as my "official" photo on our company web site looks like this.

Attachments

Westech

CPL
you know this is the reason why I am leaving SS. Im NOT a spammer, crack pot, a bit-cher, I was stating having offensive avatars. In no way did I state you had to have a MV avatar. Are you people for real? I was making a referance to other off road sites and how they stray. Im sure forums of all kind stray and go off in to everything and anything. I was NOT stating SS is a off road site. I have been here from the start and have helped start Haspin and with other rallys. This site has change a lot from 2003 when i found it and 2004 when I joined, some for the good and some for the bad. Thats progress I guess.
What Started me on the track of leaving was the post about "racing jimmys" and what a bunch of a-holes posted and attacked Tom. I for sure dont want to be in a group that does that to its members.
There are friends that I have made and hope to keep even if not on here. The rest of you well now can have fun and do with this site as you wish.

westfolk

OK, Westy............from one Westy to another........I got you. I know what you're saying. For the most part agree. I am at fault in that I just take things with a grain of salt and try my best to stay with a good sense of humor. True sometimes you just can't laugh at something.......but I try.

I'm still taking a walk on the beach.

coolnick73

As a newer member I have noticed that if you want some info, sometimes the long threads devolve into a conversation. It is sort of like Godwin's Law which states "As a threaded discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." As a SS thread grows longer the probability of discussions of long walks on the beach and teddy bears approaches 1.

I have been enjoying the forum and found it to be quite addicting.

(I would have thought finding a picture of a teddy bear walking down the beach would have been easier to find.)

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech

If you leave the SS site will you still come to Haspin next year? I'd hate to miss out on the campfire flamethrower.

;-)

sw

SasquatchSanta

you know this is the reason why I am leaving SS. Im NOT a spammer, crack pot, a bit-cher, I was stating having offensive avatars. In no way did I state you had to have a MV avatar. Are you people for real? I was making a referance to other off road sites and how they stray. Im sure forums of all kind stray and go off in to everything and anything. I was NOT stating SS is a off road site. I have been here from the start and have helped start Haspin and with other rallys. This site has change a lot from 2003 when i found it and 2004 when I joined, some for the good and some for the bad. Thats progress I guess.
What Started me on the track of leaving was the post about "racing jimmys" and what a bunch of a-holes posted and attacked Tom. I for sure dont want to be in a group that does that to its members.
There are friends that I have made and hope to keep even if not on here. The rest of you well now can have fun and do with this site as you wish.

I guess I didn't/don'tunderstand what your specific issue was in your first Post. If I offended you you have my sincere apology.

offroaddiesel

well if you want my 2 cents most likley you dont, its really unclear what your issue really is. if its the aviators that really bother you maybe you should take a break and come back later. its not healthy to get stressed out over something like that. i dont belive any apoligies are needed here , offroaddiesel

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I believe that his intent was to say that he was unhappy with the fact that many threads drift farther and farther from the original topic as they get longer and longer (much like this one has done).

On the avatar issue, I must sadly report that I'm beginning to resemble mine! :(

dm22630

This thread is completely worthless. It started as a rant about avatars...WHY...who knows?! When I first read your complaint, it did nothing except remind me of people who whine & cry about what everyone else is doing. It pissed me off.....pretty bad. Who are you to tell people what they should have their avatar as? I get sick and tired of seeing everyone's pretty much identical deuce pics all the time.....the avatar is a nice change of pace.....it is a little personalization.

Maybe you should join your homeowners association & cry about the colors of people's front doors or the height of their grass. aua

:rant:

Rattlewagon

I don't usually bother but, why not...

Rattlewagon=what my wife called my first Duramax powered truck. Too good not to use and been using it for years...

IH avatar=isn't it obvious? I have no intention of changing it...

unless Jeli lets me have his? Jeli???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crikies Westy! Get yer underwear all bunched up over this? C'mon man I think yer lugnuts are too tight. You know how we are, open one door and we all pour in! To everyone, if you were offended, take it with a grain of salt. If you laughed hard, remember it but most of all, have fun.
Those that ticked off Westy, Side Straddle Hops, 10,000 of them, ready? Hooah! Dang, glad I searched, almost used the spelling hooha!
(What's an avatar).

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks