• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"This should be easy"

brow7392

So i wanted to add power steering to my M885 because it sucks without it. I found a M882 that already had power steering so it looked to be a super easy swap. I got everything off the old truck and brought it home. The steering gear went on easy but when i went to install the power steering pump i noticed the alternator was in the way. Then i thought, what the heck is the alternator doing on this side? The previous owner had broken off the upper support bolt to the alternator and instead of extracting the broken piece he moved it to the right side instead of the left. To make a long story short, it took a few trips back to the donor truck to get the right brackets and after two days and two really stubborn bolts later it was able to get the alternator back where it should be. The power steering works like a dream. I must admit i did enjoy doing the work but i wanted to start this thread to see how many of your "simple projects" have turned in to more than you expected. It would be fun to hear a few stories like mine.

dc3coyote

HEHE you said something would be easy, if any one says that at my house or office they are immediatley kicked off the project for the day. In fact anything more than "this may suck a little less" is strongly discouraged. The word Easy= 6 trips to either Home Depot, or Nortern Tool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks