• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M887 on GL Wholy Garsh

N1265

Man, That sure seems awfull high for a m887..... I wonder if those stories are really true about GL running up the bid.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's baloney, no way in he....ck that's true.

I call shill bidder!!!!!

$4500 for a worn out Army Dodge......... please.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Perhaps whoever bid on it happens to have a paycheck that says "govliquidation" on it somewhere......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats probably more likely! I hate monopolies! I hate shill bidders. Man, I really miss DRMO!

clinto said:
Perhaps whoever bid on it happens to have a paycheck that says "govliquidation" on it somewhere......

mangus580

Recovry4x4 said:
Perhaps whoever bid on it thought it still had the welder, generator and air compressor in the back.
is it possible that it did? Maybe they inspected it and saw that?

I wouldnt give 2cents for a dodge... but thats just me!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still say the M880 is the best value/secret MV out there. At least it's not a Furd!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks like that one is missing the air brake hose, trailer wiring and the landing gear too. Would be a good deal if you just need a trailer and dont care about the rest of the stuff. I'd definately take that one over the $1700 trailer!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A great number of years ago I went to a live auction at MCLB in Albany GA. It was my first DRMO auction. When they got to the M105 trailers I was stunned to hear the auctioneer state that there was a minimum bid of $90. These trailers were depot overhauls from a few years ago and never issued. I was stunned that bidding would start at only $90. Imagine how stunned I was to find out that the highest priced one went for about $150. Ther were about 75 of them sold and lots went for $90.

Larry_R

mangus580,

I've read your statement about Dodge's several times, and I would hope that your trying to be funny. But if not, i've tried to figure out why somebody (especially a staff member) who dosen't like Dodges, would go to a Dodge forum and make a ridiculous statement like "I wouldn't give 1 cent for a Dodge". I mean, I wouldn't go to a CUCV site and make a statement like you did about Chevy's!!

We all have different tastes in Military and civilian vehicles alike. That's why there are so many different forums on this one site, so we ALL can enjoy.

The ones of us that like M880's appreciate people (like yourself) coming to this site to look and learn, but please don't insult us with statements like that!! Thanks, Larry :wink:

mangus580

Larry, first things first... Steel Soldiers is for MV's of all Makes/sizes....

second, sorry if I insulted you, it was primarily towards kenny and clinto.... all in good humor :) They abuse me pretty bad about my landscaping, so I have to get my jabs in where I can ;-)

No harm meant!

Larry_R

Hey none taken!! :oops:

I'll be the first to admit, i'll throw a few jabs when I can myself. But it seems like there's always one guy who likes to take a cheap shot at another guys preferences.

I kinda like my Dodge's (as you can tell), and I tend to be over protective sometimes. My bad!! Larry :D :D

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mangus is just mad that Mopars are vastly superior when it comes to engineering.....sure, they have cheap interiors and some are rustbuckets, but GM never won every single class at a Natl. race (US Nationals, 1971-Chrysler products won every single class from top fuel all the way down to J-stock), GM managed to put silly things like aluminum Muncie 4-speeds and c-clipped 12-bolt time bombs in their musclecars while Mopar was putting bulletproof iron 18-spline "Hemi" 4-speeds and Dana 60's in their hot rods........

I can see why Chevy clowns would have an inferiority complex!!!

:) rofl :) rofl :) rofl :) rofl :) rofl :) rofl :) rofl :) rofl :) rofl :) rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats weird, you don't see much iron anything in racing anymore. Guess that aluminum stuff was ahead of its time eh Clinto? All the mfrs have there bleak moments, remember the K-car era Clinto? Enough stone tossing, Mr Bowtie here still wants an M880 for the yard. Not a Furd M880 either, wait there are no Furd M880s!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks