• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheel / Tire combo air leaks?

rhinob

Yesterday I put together 4 HEMTT wheels on Michelin XL recaps (new). I put 80 lbs. in each and let them sit overnight. This morning they each have exactly 70 lbs. At this rate, the tires will be empty inside of a week. What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Den

Kaiser XM818

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You didn't say what size tire. Could it be warm when you aired it up and cool now? Would it make that much change in psi? Let it sit more and see if it drops any farther. I have not seen tires with leaks, leak evenly.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 30 psi tires (in the sun) will drop to about 28 at night, don't think you have a warm/cool issue. If all air down the same way, whatever it is, you did the same to all of them. :)

emr

That is funny , But oh so true, i have 3 guages, actaully 4, 2 truck guages, and one digital and a cheapy, I check em all against each other every now and again, I found one long truck guage started to show not as much as the others and got worse, very unpredictable, so i unscrewed it, and found alot of crud in the main stem, cleaned her up and she is right up there with the new ones , I guess even tires have crud in em, or at least enough over time to clog up a guage, actually a good post. One should always use a guage they trust and have checked against another....:-D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should have used a "tire thumper", I bet you would not have noticed a difference!:-D

m.walker

When I mounted my 16x20's , 2 leaked down and I had to break them down and do it again ! Not fun cosidering their size and weight . Then about a year later one developed a slow leak . I just kept a watchful eye on that one !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks